• Unsure/Depends

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Maybe I'm mistaken or only associate with people that think like me. To me, the Texas frame of mind has always been to take care of yourself, be self sufficient, add to America don't take from American, a hand up is one thing - a hand out is something to be ashamed of.

As kids, we were shamed if we showed weakness, untruthfulness, or laziness. Now I'm not saying it wasn't a form or behavior control or modification, just saying.

The American frame of mind has become entitlements, welfare, kumbaya, racism (forward and reverse), victimhood, bailouts, and a nanny state. I don't share the values, or tolerance of said values, that many of my fellow Americans have.

I still open the door for people, make my kids do it, say hello when someone looks over, and will help someone if it's within my power and not intrusive to either of us. Try asking someone in NYC for the time of day or directions to Penn Station.

Father, Husband, Texan

+1
    Guns International

bobbyb0322

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    I was born and raised a Texan and always will be. I am an American and proud of it. That being said if Texas were to ever not be a part of the USA (which I don't think it should or ever will) I would remain a Texan.

Top Bottom