• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I totally agree.I almost got shot by this older woman who never handled a gun before.That's an accident waiting to happen.She could not rack the slide and she turned sideways and a round went off.The instructor should have thrown her off the range but he let her continue and he racked the slide for her.Boy I hope he lives with her so he can rack the slide for her when an intruder enters her house.
    Capitol Armory ad

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I totally agree.I almost got shot by this older woman who never handled a gun before.That's an accident waiting to happen.She could not rack the slide and she turned sideways and a round went off.The instructor should have thrown her off the range but he let her continue and he racked the slide for her.Boy I hope he lives with her so he can rack the slide for her when an intruder enters her house.

For a case like that, I hate to say it, but it's worth reporting the instructor, if there's even somewhere to report them. They have a responsibility also; at least I would assume they are accountable.

As weak and pathetic as the proficiency part is, if a person can't even make their gun ready to fire, they aren't proficient to fire it!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    TXCDL is so for the time being, we are focusing all OC efforts through opencarry.org

So, please go there and join in :)

Reminder, Texas legislative sessin starts in January. People we aer running out of time to talk to legislators and foster support for our gun rights, name the OC bill! Whether you will or want to OC or not is of no regard. What we do need is your unwaiveriuing support as a gun owner!

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    Now I wasn't all fired up about Open carry either. We've all ran across people that simply shouldn't be allowed near a firearm let alone open carry. This past summer we spent two months in Tuscon, a state that allows open carry. During my time there in Arizona, I noticed people didn't really open carry. I only saw people in gun shops OC and doing Jeep tours in the Grand Canyon areas. I strapped on my Beretta a few times and it was an odd feeling for sure. So I don't really think you will see a lot of people exsercising their right to OC including my self. But the question in my mind is, does the Second Amendment mean OC when it states "Bear Arms." I'm in no way a Constutional lawyer but the Constitution doesn't give us rights, it protects our pre-existing rights. Our founding fathers was able to walk around freely with a side arm without fracturing a law. So it's just my opinion that their intent was to protect our rights to OC. Again, that is just my vague opinion and understanding of the Constitution. So although I don't for see Open carring, I believe people should have the right to choose for them selves.

So I sent an email letter to my Reps asking them to support OC in Texas

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Now I wasn't all fired up about Open carry either. We've all ran across people that simply shouldn't be allowed near a firearm let alone open carry. This past summer we spent two months in Tuscon, a state that allows open carry. During my time there in Arizona, I noticed people didn't really open carry. I only saw people in gun shops OC and doing Jeep tours in the Grand Canyon areas. I strapped on my Beretta a few times and it was an odd feeling for sure. So I don't really think you will see a lot of people exsercising their right to OC including my self. But the question in my mind is, does the Second Amendment mean OC when it states "Bear Arms." I'm in no way a Constutional lawyer but the Constitution doesn't give us rights, it protects our pre-existing rights. Our founding fathers was able to walk around freely with a side arm without fracturing a law. So it's just my opinion that their intent was to protect our rights to OC. Again, that is just my vague opinion and understanding of the Constitution. So although I don't for see Open carring, I believe people should have the right to choose for them selves.

So I sent an email letter to my Reps asking them to support OC in Texas

You stole alot of my thoughts on this subject. There is nothing about open carry that makes practical or tactical sense for 99.99% of the population. And openly carrying, quite frankly is probably a really bad idea.
    That having been said, I dont enjoy any gun rights being restricted and asked my Rep to support it. At very least we can use it as a bartering tool later if neccessary.
    I spoke to a LE lobbyist friend, in Austin yesterday and mentioned this topic to him. He is pretty close to "those who know" and indicated that he can't see it passing for a couple legislatures....for whatever it is worth he has been a very reliable source in the past.

Top Bottom