• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    SJR 24
    Proposing a constitutional amendment to prohibit the legislature from requiring a license or permit for the wearing of arms.
    A joke!

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    SJR 24
    Proposing a constitutional amendment to prohibit the legislature from requiring a license or permit for the wearing of arms.
    A joke!

Why is that a joke? What part of that don't you like?

proposing a constitutional amendment to prohibit the legislature
    from requiring a license or permit for the wearing of arms.
    BE IT RESOLVED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
    SECTION 1. Section 23, Article I, Texas Constitution, is
    amended to read as follows:
    Sec. 23. (a) Every citizen shall have the right to keep and
    bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State.
    (b) The [; but the] Legislature shall have power, by law, to
    regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime, but may
    not require a citizen of this state to obtain a license or permit to
    wear arms.
    SECTION 2. This proposed constitutional amendment shall be
    submitted to the voters at an election to be held November 2, 2021.
    The ballot shall be printed to provide for voting for or against the
    proposition: "The constitutional amendment prohibiting the
    legislature from requiring a license or permit for the wearing of
    arms."

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    ARTICLE 17. MODE OF AMENDING THE CONSTITUTION OF THIS STATE
    Sec. 1. PROPOSED AMENDMENTS; PUBLICATION; SUBMISSION TO VOTERS; ADOPTION. (a) The Legislature, at any regular session, or at any special session when the matter is included within the purposes for which the session is convened, may propose amendments revising the Constitution, to be voted upon by the qualified voters for statewide offices and propositions, as defined in the Constitution and statutes of this State. The date of the elections shall be specified by the Legislature. The proposal for submission must be approved by a vote of two-thirds of all the members elected to each House, entered by yeas and nays on the journals.
    It is a joke as it will take many years to get it through. Takes years to get an amendment.
    Now a LAW on the books can take just a session.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ARTICLE 17. MODE OF AMENDING THE CONSTITUTION OF THIS STATE .

You do realize the HB changes the law as it stands, right? The SJR has nothing to do with it. What is needed is an SB companion that mirrors the HB, which if enacted, results in constitutional carry on 1 Sep 21.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    As I stated, IF the leg. enacts a law, it will be law but NOT in the constitution! My point is don't be mislead by the SJR, it doesn't lead anywhere but can be politicized as the 'intent' for CC. Don't let the Leg. get away with that - call them on it!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    From a buddy, worth sharing...
    I made a mistake folding your thread into this one. As pointed out above, yours was federal bills and this thread deals with state bills so they should have remained separate.

I apologize for the mistake. Unfortunately, there's no way to divorce the two threads now. If you want to start your thread again, I'll know to keep my mittens off and not screw around with it.

Again, I'm sorry for the screw-up.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Here is a thought: are all those leftists who just bought guns going to support flood of antigun legislation about to hit the Congress?
    Okay, here is another thought: they might just support this legislation. Why? Because they would expect it to not apply to THEM.
    Look what's going on with tthe first amendment. I know it's big tech doing it, but they have the right to free speech and conservatives do NOT. They may well expect the same privilege for the second amendment.

seaninftw

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    Don't let any of this slide. Call your rep. https://wrm.capitol.texas.gov/home
    Mine is probably tired of hearing from me. They do this crap so they can use it as a bargaining chip down the line. Most of these peeps don't really care that you're not going to vote for them, especially in the Democratic strongholds like Dallas and central Houston. The language to use when speaking to them, is that if they don't fight for you, that you will do everything in your power to fight against them in the primaries. That little phrase makes a big difference.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Started hour late.
    HB 1238 ever going to get around to talking about it?
    3:15, got tired of listening to the BS. I know gotta play nice.
    90% of bills talked about solved if CC.
    Several interesting pint brought up by some intelligent persons. 3hrs of take liability exclusion away from LE, noted as 'what's his name' act.
    Funny one, no food or assistance for the non-event Capital attack. LE and Guard 'on their own'? Fire their Boss! Non-combat situation, provide food and water/potty breaks to LE. Period. No extra State funding needed.
    Never did understand the FFL guy's liability complaint about armed drones - he sell them?
    TRA gal supported rapid LTC for abused persons - won't cover under 21. Good point DPS waiting period for normal LTC. Some good concerns but trivial solutions.
    Sort of fun to watch but actually waste of time.
    Try that stuff on a corporate Exec or board meeting and see what occurs. Other than progress report, corporate is 'purpose', 'goal', 'method', 'cost', 'results'. What do we need, how to get there and what problems on the way. Period. DOD operated the same.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    So they scrubbed the 3 gals rant?
    Kansas CC doesn't restrict hospitals (2013) but allows Gov run medical to restrict. No incidents there so far. It was questionable (KC - old KU med center) when CC was proposed and signed into law.
    Thanks for posting the archive.

Top Bottom