• ...and so much more!
  • TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Mine is a Linder, made in Solengin Germany. It has a 12" blade and beautiful Cocobolo handle:

20210813_174524.jpg

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Back in mid-June, I ordered a Cold Steel Bowie knife. It was delivered and I was very disappointed. It's a big and greasy knife. An old Norinco SKS had less cosmoline than this thing. There was a hang tag in the box that said Cold Steel and no other indication that this was a Cold Steel product. The box and contents reeked of an odor, an almost smokey smell. I didn't try to clean it up but I could see machine or grind marks on the blade and the handles were loose. There's no way that Cold Steel has sunk to this level of workmanship. They must be paying someone to import these things. I returned it the next day. No pictures, it was too greasy.

After the disappointment of the Cold Steel Bowie I was still on a hunt for a Bowie. I would like to have had a Randall but it didn't want to pay the price. Besides, I would only use the knife for display or the occasional BBQ event.

I found, what I think, was a good value on a pretty nice knife, $43.29 shipped.

15 inches overall, 10 inch blade, camel bone handle with wood and brass spacers, and a pretty nice leather sheath. The blade is scary sharp.

Bowie2.jpg

The dollar bill is for reference as to the size but mainly to show everyone I still have a dollar.

Bowie1.jpg

The spine of the blade has some fancy marks on it, too.

Bowie3.jpg

Pretty nice and heavy knife overall. No markings as to the country of origin. I'm pretty sure that it wasn't made in the USA for $39.99 + shipping.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have to admit im feeling a little left out here. What the hell have I been doing not having a bowie knife? I'm a slacker.
    I have a couple cheapie Bowie knives I bought years ago. I really need to have a really nice one though. When I happen across the right piece of steel, I might just make one of my own.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom