• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    After 110 days I finally received my Texas LTC. Long story... but finally got it.
    I then applied for my NH license and got it in 18 days. Texas recognizes the NH LTC.

So if your in a hurry, and can’t wait the full 60 days that the minimum wait time. Hold be for a Texas LTC. Then apply for a NH LTC at the same time, and you can legally start carrying much earlier!
    DK Firearms

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I have a NH license....I have friends/family I visit there...makes it more convenient....It is a unilateral agreement.....iirc......we can't conceal carry there. but they do have Constitutional carry......and we can open carry there...but not in a vehicle.................so I got the NH license...

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    What states does the NH license give you that Texas doesn’t?

I’ve had my CHL/LTC in Texas for many years.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I need to offer a retraction. Texas did at one time, and the source of my information did not update.

Texas no longer recognizes NH. They do recognize CT, UT, And IL. Which I have.

My deepest apologies for my mistake.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I have a NH license....I have friends/family I visit there...makes it more convenient....It is a unilateral agreement.....iirc......we can't conceal carry there. but they do have Constitutional carry......and we can open carry there...but not in a vehicle.................so I got the NH license...

Here’s what people need to be careful of, on those states that have so called constitutional carry. There is the fine print.

Maine is an example. Maine is constitutional permitless carry. However, for Maine’s state parks, even if your a resident of Maine, you must have a Maine LTC to carry in a Maine state park, Or have a LTC from a state Maine recognizes. Maine does NOT recognize Texas LTC.

Maine does recognize NH and CT LTC.

So beware... just cause a state claimed constitutional carry, many have caveats.

Top Bottom