Texas and that steak house that nobody can eat it all....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Very true. Its called the Big Texan steak house in Amarillo. Its like eating a five pound pot roast and all the trimmings at one sitting. Lot of of professinal wrestlers who live up there. They big whopper sized boys. They supposedly knocked one out for lunch an came back and ate another batch for supper. Untill they got barred. Last I heard a cute skinny Japanese lady pro eater came in and ate two back to back without a break. Its a tourist trap. The locals eat at the Red Barn which is in behind it.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Very true. Its called the Big Texan steak house in Amarillo. Its like eating a five pound pot roast and all the trimmings at one sitting. Lot of of professinal wrestlers who live up there. They big whopper sized boys. They supposedly knocked one out for lunch an came back and ate another batch for supper. Untill they got barred. Last I heard a cute skinny Japanese lady pro eater came in and ate two back to back without a break. Its a tourist trap. The locals eat at the Red Barn which is in behind it.
    See post #19

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    Featured in Rich Hall's You Can Go To Hell, I'm Going To Texas (starting at 14:45)...

The quote starting at 17:12 is priceless!

We went there when I was about 14 and dad took the challenge and ate everything in under 30 minutes and thought he could get another done in under one hour. He never did the second steak but it was fun to watch him tackle the 72oz monster. I haven't been back to Amarillo since but have wanted to give it a try for 'ol times sake. I have eaten the 50-ish oz steak at the Traildust Inn in Arlington.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Sadly , people who are not from Texas thinks that tourist trap represents the state
    I've seen countless pics of travelers there wearing those carnival straw hats
    .. really dumb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Sadly , people who are not from Texas thinks that tourist trap represents the state
    I've seen countless pics of travelers there wearing those carnival straw hats
    .. really dumb

I hate that $hit. They buy that used car salesman hat and think it's cool. When In reality it's a state joke.

They think, "Yee-haa". When we're thinking, "dumpa$$".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Fried field snipe taste pretty good too. Hardest bird in Texas to catch. I have a few that fly into my backyard. If there's any new people to Texas that would like to taste a delicacy.

Grab a flashlight and a bag. Ill show you were to stand to catch one.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I learned how to make fried donuts in the Boy Scouts. It was very cold camping trip. First thing that morning. The Scout Master busted out the cast iron frying pan. Used the biscuits out the can. Fried on both sides and hooked up with sugar.

Yep, Damn good times.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...and that's the best thing on the menu. I was not impressed their steak at all. I can buy better quality at the grocery store.
    I found Anthony Bourdain to be extremely charitable to them when he visited. He treated the place as a cultural touchstone and not as a restaurant.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I found Anthony Bourdain to be extremely charitable to them when he visited. He treated the place as a cultural touchstone and not as a restaurant.
    Yeah, there is a lot more to it than just the restaurant. I didn't particularity enjoy it, but I can see how kids and Asian tourists do. Makes you wonder about his descriptions of other place, tho doesn't it? :laughing:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom