• ...and so much more!
  • MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    An interesting study of Texas! Im not looking for answers myself, just bringing up a very important issue. I have been studying everything that is and eveything that was, Texas!
    What does the 14th amendment mean to yall? Do yall know how and why is was applied?
    Do you know how it involves Texas Legislature?
    Texas SOT

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Slaughter-House Cases, 83 U.S. 36 (1873) hobbles this amendment and is simply bad law.

For gun issues the 2nd amendment is incorporated in the 14th amendment McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. ___ (2010) but we are still working out if that is under strict scrutiny.

We need anti gun mayors, governors and I believe even Andrew Traver to push their blind agenda to the extremes so we can fight back in the courts.

On the other side of things we need Texas in the fight with Montana, Tennessee, Utah, Wyoming and South Dakota and others in the Fire Arms Freedom act that pushes the 14th amendment issues along quite well in court.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    On the other side of things we need Texas in the fight with Montana, Tennessee, Utah, Wyoming and South Dakota and others in the Fire Arms Freedom act that pushes the 14th amendment issues along quite well in court.

Already been filed by two Legislators. HB 145 and 298. Hope it gets through.

Top Bottom