• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Got a notice in today’s mail the Army License Plate will be changed to the Army’s “billboard” Star design. Texas Department of Motor Vehicles says they did this at the Army’s request.

Instead of the traditional Army “coat of arms” type seal being displayed, they will now use the modern stylized big star advertising type logo symbol on the plates.

I’m not sure I’ll continue with the Army plates at the next renewal. Instead of the dignified, low key, patriotic style plates, my vehicle will now look like a rolling billboard advertisement for the Army. Something I’m not sure I’m willing to participate in. Thinking I may well go back to just nondescript civilian type plates. JMHO - YMMV
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    First of all, don’t get me wrong, if this little heartburn is the worst thing to happen... then I ain’t got many problems in life... & yep, fortunately that’s the case (other than a few health issues courtesy of old age).

I called the number on the letter at DPS in Austin (specialty license plates dept) to check about trading in the Army tags for just regular tags. At renewal, just take the plates and windshield sticker into the county clerk’s office and they’ll issue just regular tags and a new windshield sticker.

The young lady was quick to say I’d have to contact my state representatives to complain. I told her, I wasn’t going to complain; I was just calling to see what the procedure was, for replacing the vet tags. (I gleaned from her quick and unsolicited response, apparently my call wasn’t the first they have received along this line).

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    At least you don't have this origami bullshit!

2000px-US_Air_Force_Logo_Solid_Colour.svg.png

Attachments

• 2000px-US_Air_Force_Logo_Solid_Colour.svg.png
      2000px-US_Air_Force_Logo_Solid_Colour.svg.png
      21.4 KB · Views: 532

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    I recently ordered Army plates only to receive the Army of One logo. Small square of reflective vinyl tape took care of the issue for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Heaven forbid we keep the traditional and time-tested U.S. Army Seal (and what’s on the current plates):
    9d09fac008724c5bea58849809a09817.jpg

Attachments

• 9d09fac008724c5bea58849809a09817.jpg
      9d09fac008724c5bea58849809a09817.jpg
      127.7 KB · Views: 423

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I remember when I got a lapel pin as a Da Civilian for years of Service. It was made in China. It was dropped in the trash. I have regular Armed Forces Disabled Plates. Those have gone from $3.00 to $10.00. I have been looking and it seems that for certain military awards there is a $0.00 registration fee? I didn't annotate any awards on the back of the disabled form. I will catch that next go around.

Last edited:

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I remember when I got a lapel pin as a Da Civilian for years of Service. It was made in China. It was dropped in the trash. I have regular Armed Forces Disabled Plates. Those have gone from $3.00 to $10.00. I have been looking and it seems that for certain military awards there is a $0.00 registration fee? I didn't annotate any awards on the back of the disabled form. I will catch that next go around.

Might be your county. My renewal still shows $3.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

I would imagine the $0 fee would be the same awards that will also get you free pass on TxDot toll roads (same as DV plates). Things like the medal of honor and stuff.

I don't have any awards anywhere near that level, but my renewal was just $3 a few months ago for regular USMC plates.

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    The list is on the back of the form for the awards. I will have to read that again. I looked up the toll roads for Texas. It names the toll roads you can use it on. It said if you had a Disabled Veterans plate you didn't have to pay a toll on certain toll roads. It said that the license plate reader should recognize the Disabled Vet plates and you would not be charged. "and disabled veterans who qualify and meet the requirements for a disabled veteran license plate." for the other toll systems there are links and contact information

https://www.txtag.org/en/about/faq_veteran.shtml
    http://www.fbctra.com/veterans/

Last edited:

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I would imagine the $0 fee would be the same awards that will also get you free pass on TxDot toll roads (same as DV plates). Things like the medal of honor and stuff.

I don't have any awards anywhere near that level, but my renewal was just $3 a few months ago for regular USMC plates.

DV plates are available with a 50% disability rating or 40% and a lower limb amputation.

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    yup all you have to do is take your VA disability letter to the county and the folks will fix you up. You can even get a placard to take with you if you are riding with someone else. I had my wife's car registered in her name. since I was not on the title I had to get a placard for her car when I use it or we ride together. I also got this back from FBCTRA on toll roads for a disabled tag

Thank you for submitting your registration information. This email confirms that you have successfully registered your vehicle(s) and electronic toll tag(s) for the FBCTRA Veterans Discount Program. Within 24 - 48 hours you will stop seeing charges posting to your electronic toll tag account (EZ TAG, TxTAG, TollTag) for the vehicles listed below.

Top Bottom