• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I want a strong supporter AND defender of the second in that office, but what does a treaty have to do with anything?

You shouldnt call yourself the most hated member.
    "#1 Contrarian" would be more fitting.

Who do you like for the job? Smitherman?

As far as why a UN treaty matters?

1. We do need to fight against it to ensure none of it affects our rights.

2. Things like this help to get the voters out. Pragmatic motivation by fear.

I prefer reason over fear but we need the GOP to get aggressive now.

Last edited:

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I want a strong supporter AND defender of the second in that office, but what does a treaty have to do with anything?

Granted, in a world where the best interests of the citizens of the United States were paramount, arguably not much. As the subject of the post infers, so simply view the inclusion of the treaty as secondary to the synopsis of the candidates records on gun issues

That said, would it not be prudent, considering the increasing use of rule by "executive order"; the recent history of the blurring of constitutional distinctions when it comes to internal control of "conventional weapons" (which specifically includes "small arms" by definition in the treaty); and the possibility that the Senate may indeed ratify the treaty, to have a foot available to stick in that door?

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You shouldnt call yourself the most hated member.
    "#1 Contrarian" would be more fitting.

Who do you like for the job? Smitherman?

As far as why a UN treaty matters?

1. We do need to fight against it to ensure none of it affects our rights.

2. Things like this help to get the voters out. Pragmatic motivation by fear.

I prefer reason over fear but we need the GOP to get aggressive now.

As far as you are concerned, contrarian is someone who refuses to jump on panic bandwagon. A person who considers alternative points of view to your own without being a right wing wacko.

Yep, that's me.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So can anyone tell me what a treaty with other countries has to do with the AG of Texas supporting the Second?

Rhetoric aside, that is.

I answered it with my #2 response. Directly per government, probably not a lot.

MOST people dont think like you TXI. Not saying thats good or bad. It just is.

Why do you negate that emotions are involved in politics and demand that everyone comply with your adherence to extremely literal, rational thought and not have that mixed with what most people experience such as thoughts and feelings not drawn from pure reason?

You contrarian you!

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    AG is important in the event we need to take the Feds to court. We may need to take them to court if they try to take any new Federal actions that interfere with the rights of Texans. Feds may or may not use treaty language as an excuse for improper behavior (e.g. Federal gun registry).

I think such Fed behavior would be unlikely given the current climate, but if you want peace you gotta prepare for war.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Focusing on the "why" of the rating of the candidates, as outlined in the article, is more conducive to being informed as a voter than insistence on arguing a red herring, real or imagined.

Damned shame to be so pedantic/fixated on arguing a secondary issue as to miss the informative thrust of the article: information on those AG candidates who not only have a legislative record, but have actually "demonstrated actions in ... personal and public service life".

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    As far as you are concerned, contrarian is someone who refuses to jump on panic bandwagon. A person who considers alternative points of view to your own without being a right wing wacko.

Yep, that's me.

Nah, in some ways im more contrarian than you as you side pretty solidly with the authorities and establishment under the guise of being objective.

Perhaps we are both more skeptics? Look we are bonding! Hugs. Not drugs.

I am extremely right wing. Extremely. Wink wink nod nod bat underneath the arm! I just think our current authoritarianism is aimed at the wrong enemy.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom