• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Agree about Giddings City Meat Market.
    And truly good, home made sausage to boot.

And same city, but not BBQ.

Just before leaving Giddings, on the left heading toward Brenham, is Taqueria Chihuahua.
    Best breakfast burrito in Texas: #9, with hot sauce (red).
    Just don't try to eat it and drive.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Giddings meat market rules! Love that place. I hear there is a place off Rayford on Houston called BBQ Godfather that's supposed to give Corkscrew a run for its money. Can't wait to investigate that claim personally.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    While in the panhandle, I keep hearing radio ads for "the arrogant Texan" bbq.
    I gotta go see this. And probably give 'em grief.

oh. It's a new joint in Lubbock.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Blacks > Kreuz

who wants to stand in line to pay, twice for the same meal? Once for the meat and once for the sides and drink. That's just dumb as hell :facepalm:

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    I didn't see a single properly sliced brisket in those photos. Is that the norm nowadays? Just hack the thing to pieces an inch thick and call it good? No trimming of fat at all? Cutting with the grain on the top of the brisket?

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    It hit most of my favorite good spots. City Market in Luling is - well, pretty damn good. I've been hearing about the Hard 8 for a while. Next time I'm up there I think it is going to get a visit.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I wouldn't say a lot of those are secret, like Black's, Kreuz, Cooper's, LM's, and City Market. I mean, those ARE the ones. Others like la bbq and Pecan Lodge are pretty well known.

Some of the others I'd like to try. Didn't know about Giddings. I would also add Southside Market, Fargo's and Snow's to that list.

Last edited:

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    I wouldn't say a lot of those are secret, like Black's, Kreutz, Cooper's, LM's, and City Market. I mean, those ARE the ones. Others like la bbq and Pecan Lodge are pretty well known.

Some of the others I'd like to try. Didn't know about Giddings. I would also add Southside Market, Fargo's and Snow's.

Yeah, I've been hitting up Fargo's quite a bit, damn good. I want to get to some of the other lesser known places on the list. A co-worker of mine that lives in Giddings swears by the meat market.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Glad to see Chisholm Trail on the list. They are one of my favorite stops in Lockhart.

Best bang for the buck in Lockhart, and the peach cobbler is the best hands down.
    I grew up in Lockhart and lived there most of my life. Still go back a couple times a month to visit family and go out to the range. Chisholm Trail BBQ is where the locals go. Black's, Kreuz, and Smitty's is where the out-of-towners go. Floyd is the owner of Chisholm Trail BBQ. He started out working for Black's when he was younger. There, he got his experience and when he was ready to open his own place, he sold his boat and opened up across the street from where it is now in the building next to McDonald's.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    I grew up in Lockhart and lived there most of my life. Still go back a couple times a month to visit family and go out to the range. Chisholm Trail BBQ is where the locals go. Black's, Kreuz, and Smitty's is where the out-of-towners go. Floyd is the owner of Chisholm Trail BBQ. He started out working for Black's when he was younger. There, he got his experience and when he was ready to open his own place, he sold his boat and opened up across the street from where it is now in the building next to McDonald's.

Thanks for the CT BBQ history lesson. I know they're packed on the weekends with locals. All those folks going to Kreuz's are getting hosed. Way too expensive, but it is a cool place to go see a couple of times.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Thanks for the CT BBQ history lesson. I know they're packed on the weekends with locals. All those folks going to Kreuz's are getting hosed. Way too expensive, but it is a cool place to go see a couple of times.
    I think the others are worth going to for the ambiance at least once, but as a regular, no way.

no1ryno

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    LA BAR B QUE IN AUSTIN.... FREAKING AMAZING! THE GIRLES FATHER AND BROTHER HAVE JOINTS TOO

Top Bottom