Join TexasGunTalk

Texas Cannabis

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by grasshopperglock, Feb 2, 2018.

1. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I was just in Colorado for two weeks (got back on Friday) and I can sure-as-shit tell you that legalized pot has had an even greater impact on that state than its use when it was still illegal. I did smell it on several occasions in the Colorado Springs area and weed shops outnumber MacDonald's and Starbucks. There are even "churches" that sell it (to get around paying taxes).

And while I know it's not likely, a large number of drivers in the Springs-Denver corridor drive like they're stoned! I was stuck behind idiots on I-25 in the left lane doing 20 under the speed limit (which is usually 75 MPH) and not passing the vehicles in the right lane. I've also never witnessed so many people running red lights in my life (even compared to the Middle East or Italy!). My rental had a sunroof and I even got whiffs of the stuff stopped at traffic lights, so I am pretty much convinced that people are driving and smoking it.

Lastly, the homeless/drug users in downtown C-Springs are like the zombies in The Walking Dead, you can't avoid them! Acacia Park looked like Woodstock with the number of stoners hanging out in it. And yes, I did see a number of homeless "camps" throughout the city. I have been going to "The Springs" for years now, and it is noticeably worse!

Again, I don't see marijuana being any worse than alcohol or nicotine; but we've got enough problems with those and other "legal" drugs. I also agree that legalization attracts a certain "demographic" that don't contribute much to society in general. I am sure there will be responsible users, but even this minority brings an unwelcomed element that Texas doesn't need.

Plus, they'd all most likely vote Democratic, so it's best they stay away! :spank:

Cheers! M2

C_Hallbert, grumper and Lunyfringe like this.
  2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I've got pre-diabetes as well, how were you able to get your A1C down to good levels?
    I just hope it wasn't diet and exercise, because that's too much work , lol.

V-Tach likes this.
  3. Lunyfringe

Lunyfringe Active Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Really the only thing I did differently was cut out High Fructose Corn Syrup any way I could...

but it's pervasive- even ketchup... except Whataburger ketchup- they use real suger.
    I have theories why this worked/helped... but I haven't let them cut me apart to find out if I'm right yet.

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  4. TheDan

TheDan DEPLORABLE TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Yeah, a low carb diet is sooooo hard to stick to ;)

28583323643_3e77e22ca6_c.jpg

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  5. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva Well-Known

Aug 26, 2016
    Smoking pot is not legal. My ticket is a contract between me and the venue. I have an expectation that security will enforce the rules of the show. I have never went to a venue that insinuated that I was going to have to put up (that security would not enforce the legal position) with having to “tolerate” secondhand pot smoke intensely concentrated in my face, nor have I ever experienced such a thing for any length of time (after taking action) in the many concerts I have attended since probably 1984.

Since it is an illegal substance, the law is on my side to get security behind to enforce what I expect. I’ve never had a problem with this, and I’ve not done anything wrong or “dangerous” to “doom” us by speaking up for what I will tolerate or expect in such a venue. So far, I’ve been on the right side of it.

There IS the right to set standards. I disagree. Legal precedent. Illegal and disruptive behavior that impacts me is something I either address myself or can ask for support to get addressed. And I have, with positive results. Shall I call the concert venues ahead of time and ask them their policy on this? I guarantee that not one of them will tell me that if someone is disturbing me by smoking pot right in my face that I’m SOL and that security won’t help me.

Most of the time. I don’t need security’s help. I can communicate with the person and they can see where it’s going right from the start and they can keep it up or not. They have their choice, and I have mine. If it turns into a ruckus, I can pretty much predict how it’s gonna turn out.

6. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    This isn't just about pot. Apply is to anything else. What gives you the right to tell the property owners what they can or can't allow. The "right", not legal bullying power.

7. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva Well-Known

Aug 26, 2016
    I’m not TELLING the owners anything, dammit. I’m asking them to support me with help from security and they FRICKING comply every time. What’s the rub?

8. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Do you believe they are unaware? Do you believe they have an issue with what their attendees are doing or do you believe they simply fear legal consequences?

If your temperament in those situations is as you imply then it sounds much more like bullying than "excuse me sir, somebody is smoking pot. Thought I'd let you know"

9. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    If it is a non smoking venue (which most are) I agree that people shouldn't be smoking anything in there.

Honestly though, at a rock concert you should kind of expect it to happen.

I would think the smart choice for a pregnant or nursing mother would be to avoid the situation completely.

10. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva Well-Known

Aug 26, 2016
    First question: N/A, why should I care?

Second question: N/A why should I care?

I’m being very assertive with security. Not aggressive with them at all. They could tell me to “get fucked” if they want. But they don’t.

Why can’t I ask for and expect good customer service from them? Any other customer with a contract with the venue (bought a ticket) is welcome to do the same.

If they have a corporate policy with how they handle pot smoking... well, maybe they can direct me to that formal policy and I’ll give it a read.

Calling me a “bully”, that’s cute. Up until the time I act, I’m the one suffering with what I think is not personally tolerable.

I mean, if I’ve never been to a concert, that’s one thing as far as what I expect. But dozens of experiences have shown me what to expect and how to navigate what I find there. Not seeing the problem. I consider that I am well within my rights with my behavior and see no moral dilemma either.