• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Right. At least skim the book, and memorize the answers to the questions that would in reality NOT EVER apply to you.

jray1536

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Watford City, North Dakota
    We’re not trying to get any endorsements... no haz mat or air brakes or anything, just class a for truck and trailer over 26,000lb... any tips on driving test/pre drive inspection? I hear the inspection is the hardest part..

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Lots of it depends on where you’re taking the driving test. In the Permian basin area, the hardest part is parallel parking a truck and trailer. Other areas, the hardest part is the pre-trip inspection. I know lots who failed the air brake test prior to driving. I even know a few that failed the driving portion for running over the curb with the trailer.

GreenMan0352

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2017
    Texas
    It use to be easier when you had the paper test but with the computers you can still just go and guess. Its mainly common sense stuff except for the distances for like reflective triangles and such. Also know how to do your break test for the driving portion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    I'm far from "book smart", and I only missed a couple of questions on the written/computer part of the test. I just studied the little booklet. I failed the driving test the first time because a trailer tire rubbed a curb.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Several years ago I got mine. I got one of those places around Arlington that advertise they will help you pass the test. I had to pass the written test and then they taught me to drive it and back it. They provide the truck and teach you how to drive it. When I drove up in that truck with the 28' trailer the DPS trooper saw who taught me to back it and didn't even require me to parallel park. They have a system of marks on the mirrors that works for backing.

jray1536

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Watford City, North Dakota
    well I passed the first 2 out of 3.... failed the one 3rd one over chapter 6 combination vehicles.. have to go back next week hopefully and retake it, then i’ll be moving on to the hard part... pre trip inspection and road test

Top Bottom