• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeNotAfraid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Red River, Texas
    very sad....working people having to go thru all this. bust your hump for a shift and then have to carry out a bag of money in the dark....makes little sense to me.

a human life lost because some jackass wanted to steal little green pieces of paper in a sack....
    Gun Zone Deals

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It sounds like it might be a good idea for the girlfriend to sue the property owner to at least pay her medical fees and her boyfriend's funeral costs if anything. It sounds as if the owner certainly maintained somewhat of an unsafe atmosphere by not doing something to improve security, especially after they've been vandalized before.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Oh neither am I. I hate lawsuit happy people. It seems though that some property/business owners really need to be hit in the pocketbook to realize that their policies and actions can actually make things less safe for their customers and workers. Heck, this guy died proving that unfortunately. Maybe it won't take a lawsuit to get the owner to realize that, but if it does that I'm all for it.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Cannot stress enough the importance of practice.

These are words to live by (no pun intended). No matter how expensive ammo gets, how costly range fees can be and what a pinch it gets on the wallet due to our economy (Thanks George W.); one must at least try to practice at least once a month. Even, if you're just practicing pulling your weapon out of the holster in defense stance or practicing fast reloading of a second magazine or speed loader, may save your life one day.

In these though economic times, crime rates have not only grown, but criminals are coming out of the woodwork in broad day light a CHL is becoming a MUST, more than an option. (going to start working on mine next payday)

Check out my post: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/news-articles/2167-criminals-broad-daylight.html#post19128

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Nah, not this time. However I'm certain he would love to be in here too, since I'm sure he is a Bitter, Gun-Toting, Religious freak like the rest of us.

longtooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas
    I am from Lufkin & know the area well where this happened.
    All the comments above about awareness & practice are very correct. It was never reported in the paper but there is some talk here that the gentleman who died was one of those who did not carry on body. Had it in his truck.
    There are many folks that really do not know how easy it is to conceal.
    Others think them too uncomfortable or heavy.
    Another lesson is have it on.
    Quality gear is not cheap but it is comfortable.

Darkwind

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Houston
    Given the chances- I'll take slim over none any day. It may seem a little out dated- but I can think of worse ways to exit than defending an innocent.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    This is sad.
    It is also why I spend 8 - 12 hours a month at the range working on skill sets.
    We all should be aware that under stress and / or duress training can be the difference between walking away and riding the gurney.
    Very sad indeed!!!

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Darkwind, this was a 6 month old thread. Other threads you're digging up to a year old.

Forgive me, but there's no good reason to dug up old threads just to throw in random comments.

It's fundamental forum etiquette....

WARHAWK357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sad sad in a just world it would be differant and like an other fella said practice practice. I was always taught you fight like you train and I train for hell I look for any one who can teach me something so if there are any ex SF be it Navy Army Marines Air Force who are in the Houston area when I get back to the promised land that is Texas I would love to learn what I can from you be it hand to hand tactics escape and evade what ever I will want to learn

Top Bottom