• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Whelp, my renewed LTC came in the mail today. So, 16 days from the time I did my online payment to the day it appeared in my mailbox. Not bad. My previous LTC looked just like my drivers license, but the new one looks nothing like my DL. The pic is black&white and the background is totally different. Pastels abound. The whole thing looks washed out to me unless light gray, light blue, pink and sage are your colors …. Gone are the bold reds and blues of the last iteration. Anyhow, I’m good now for another 5 years.
    Yep, I noticed that too when I got my renewal about a year ago.
    DK Firearms

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    Whelp, my renewed LTC came in the mail today. So, 16 days from the time I did my online payment to the day it appeared in my mailbox. Not bad. My previous LTC looked just like my drivers license, but the new one looks nothing like my DL. The pic is black&white and the background is totally different. Pastels abound. The whole thing looks washed out to me unless light gray, light blue, pink and sage are your colors …. Gone are the bold reds and blues of the last iteration. Anyhow, I’m good now for another 5 years.

Yep, I noticed that too when I got my renewal about a year ago.

Ditto!

Same here with 14 days from payment to receipt of licenses (second renewal).

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Renewed online 7/2, received new LTC today. 22 days including one holiday and 2 weekends. Good until 2028 if I live that long, new dl expires in '31, I know I probably won't make it that long.

larcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2023
    Orange
    I got finger printed on 9/16 right at EOD, in my mailbox 9/26.

First time license. Rest of the paperwork had been in for ~2 weeks prior to printing.

I was pleasantly surprised. I figured mid/late October.

Was only in "print pending" and "mailed" for like 3 business days.

larcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2023
    Orange
    They screwed up getting my wife's class/qualification paper into the system. We were patient for 3 weeks and then started calling.

Had to call a couple times to get that sorted.

Once it was, and the list showed, it was at "print pending" to start, and 5 days later "mailed".

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    They screwed up getting my wife's class/qualification paper into the system. We were patient for 3 weeks and then started calling.

Had to call a couple times to get that sorted.

Once it was, and the list showed, it was at "print pending" to start, and 5 days later "mailed".
    Bureaus are manned by bureaucrats.

Jedi54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2023
    DFW, Texas
    using the link in 1st post, I don't see a way to check status.
    I login using my DL#, DOB, email and it just takes me to this page.

applied a few weeks ago
    fingerprinted last Friday and uploaded training cert same day.

odd.

Screenshot 2024-02-29 8.30.36 PM.png

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    I just logged on and got the same page. The note says that once the license is issued the status page will not be available. It appears that my license has been issued.

applied a few weeks ago

odd.

View attachment 437440

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    They received my renewal on 2/15/24. Status shows all done and mailed.

It never got here.

Oh, bother.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    They received my renewal on 2/15/24. Status shows all done and mailed.

It never got here.

Oh, bother.
    I've had a PO Box for 20 years for a reason - dependability. At the time it was justified because I never knew where I"d be living back then. Here in this house I've seen too much stuff with missing mail, wrong addresses, name it. Must be a training route because rarely does a carrier appear twice. Therefore kept my box. That being said, I just received my DL renewal at home and was holding my breath. .Next year my LTC renewal is due and cringe it will be misplaced in somebody else's box. Still waiting for my SS 1099 which may be sitting elsewhere or just plain late this year.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've been having a crappy March so I was in a mood to complain. I posted from my sisters hospital room. Doctors made the decision not to discharge her for at least a couple of more days so I was free to leave.

When I got home 10 minutes ago, my new LTC was in the mailbox.

If I were superstitious, I'd say I jinxed myself in reverse.

Finally, something went right this month. :)

alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi

applied a few weeks ago
    I just logged on and got the same page. The note says that once the license is issued the status page will not be available. It appears that my license has been issued.
    That's how it is when it's processing. There's nothing you can SEE or DO. Check everyday for changes. The next thing you should look for is a checklist of things they need from you (not for you to fill out, but for them to make sure you've turned in). Stuff like, fingerprints received, form LTC-100 filed etc... the last thing is LTC issued and eventually this checkbox is filled out too and you can breathe your sigh of relief. This checklist takes awhile to show up while they are processing, but eventually when you login, you'll see this checklist and then you'll know you're close. They get 60 days to fk around. And if you have any holds like misdemeanors in the past 5 years, they get 180 days to just let you sit and wait... before ultimately rejecting you.

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    Thanks. My background check is "under review". Since the last thing I received was a speeding ticket in 1974 I should all set. Everything else except printing license is "Received" with a check next to it.

That's how it is when it's processing. There's nothing you can SEE or DO. Check everyday for changes. The next thing you should look for is a checklist of things they need from you (not for you to fill out, but for them to make sure you've turned in). Stuff like, fingerprints received, form LTC-100 filed etc... the last thing is LTC issued and eventually this checkbox is filled out too and you can breathe your sigh of relief. This checklist takes awhile to show up while they are processing, but eventually when you login, you'll see this checklist and then you'll know you're close. They get 60 days to fk around. And if you have any holds like misdemeanors in the past 5 years, they get 180 days to just let you sit and wait... before ultimately rejecting you.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom