• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    As I have moved since mailing off my packet, it was suggested to me to call DPS & inform them of said move & give them my new address. The person I talked to on the phone stated I needed to send them something in writing (email would be fine).
    This was all done last Friday & I have not received any notice of receipt of my email....should I call back?

TIA,

- Cam

Yes, call to confirm. I called a week after writing in my CoA and in that time I received no confirm. It was a good thing I called because it had not been changed. The lady did it over the phone right then. Funny enough, not but an hour later I received a reply to the CoA email from the week past. :rolleyes:
    DK Firearms

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yes, call to confirm. I called a week after writing in my CoA and in that time I received no confirm. It was a good thing I called because it had not been changed. The lady did it over the phone right then. Funny enough, not but an hour later I received a reply to the CoA email from the week past. :rolleyes:

I called & talked to a real nice lady (although she would not change it over the phone) & she told me to go ahead & fax in a request as well & she (quietly) told me she would put it on the desk of the person who was handling my application.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Cool, glad that its getting done.

As for CS its so inconsistent. All depends on who picks up the phone and what kind of day their having.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    OK...let me know if this is stupid or not...I can take it.
    I will be waiting for my CHL for awhile probably. I understand that I can carry legally in my car, which I would like to do as I am traveling up the 45 corridor. When I am out of my car, I do not want to leave my loaded gun in my SUV for some yahoo to steal and start shooting people. If I take the slide off the gun and leave that part in my car and take the receiver in my work bag, am I breaking the law since the gun is obviously not operational?

MWells829

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    from the car

castle covers you in the car and carrying it to and from the car. A dissassembled gun is not the same as conceal/carry

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    OK...let me know if this is stupid or not...I can take it.
    I will be waiting for my CHL for awhile probably. I understand that I can carry legally in my car, which I would like to do as I am traveling up the 45 corridor. When I am out of my car, I do not want to leave my loaded gun in my SUV for some yahoo to steal and start shooting people. If I take the slide off the gun and leave that part in my car and take the receiver in my work bag, am I breaking the law since the gun is obviously not operational?

Be aware that the serialized portion of the firearm is what is considered 'a gun'. I wouldn't want to be the one to test whether or not parts would get one in trouble.

Get a small safe or lockbox. At the very least a cable lock and loop through the mag tunnel and slide and anchor it to the seat bracket.

If someone wants what you have and they have long enough, they'll get it. But it would keep it safe during a smash 'n grab if they can't grab it and run off.

Doug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Baytown, Texas
    Application Incomplete

My wife and I both got the Application Incomplete/Detail letter sent status. We received the detail letters in seven days. My wife used white out at one point and I had failed to provide my place of residence for the past five years, according to the letter. We have lived at the same address for eleven years. My wife talked with a lady at DPS and the lady stated the information given was sufficent but they have hired a bunch of civilian personnel looking over information on applications. Anyway, we went to the Shilo Shooting Range and Tracy's wife notorized another form to replace the one not accepted. I added the same residence and dates to the correction side of the application. While at Shiloh's we purchased a new XD-9 pistol, for my wife and a couple of mags for my Commander. Good people at Shilo's, I like to visit there.

hoggie96

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Okay..Harris County...FINALLY got mine...

Here was my time frame.

I had to resubmit nothing and have a completely clean record.

01/17/09: Class Taken
    01/23/09: Packet Mailed (Certified)
    01/27/09: Packet Received by DPS
    02/25/09: PIN Received & "Processing Application"
    06/15/09: Called CHL Div. @ DPS - "Local Background Check Received" 07/15/09: Called CHL Div. @ DPS - "Sent To Be Printed"
    07/22/09: "Application Completed - License Issued or Certificate Active"
    07/25/09: License in hand.

FINALLY, but wow....180 days.

JoshuaL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Austin
    Geez! That's nuts. I asked DPS what their current wait time is, and they're saying 80-90 days, and saying they're working overtime to get this long wait issue fixed. So that's good to hear. I'm 6 weeks into my wait.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    So the status online finally changed:

Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

A DPS lady called me last Thursday to confirm my mailing address and said I should see plastic in 10-14 days.

Hopefully they put the correct address on my CHL because it wasn't correct when she called :rolleyes: And only after putting it in writing twice and a phone conversation back in June.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport

A DPS lady called me last Thursday to confirm my mailing address and said I should see plastic in 10-14 days.

Hopefully they put the correct address on my CHL because it wasn't correct when she called :rolleyes: And only after putting it in writing twice and a phone conversation back in June.
    woohoo go SHORTS, now I only pray mine is much faster

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Finally Hope you got a good picture on there. You'll need to live with it for a few years now...Mine looks like i just came in from an all-nighter, and there should be some numbers on a card in the picture.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

YAY!!

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009

congrats

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Finally got mine today. I was getting worried because I got notice a couple weeks ago,,,,that was explained when I got it and it had writing saying 'nobody by this name at this address" because the post man had dropped it at someone elses house....overall about 4 and a half months to get it with no problems or returns.

Top Bottom