• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattscards

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Long Time waiting

my wife's and mine was sent in same day, rec'd by dps may 21st i think, her app approved on website yesterday, mine not yet, no plastic in mail but hope soon, we both had delays dated the same date hers came a week before mine and sent off nxt day

My status changed August 27( at least this is when I noticed the change) It said Application Completed License issued or certificate active. I sent my completed package in on March 27. It has been 10 days at least and still no license. 5 months, 10 days and counting. No problems signed everything correct, fingerprints good, background clean. I think someone needs to lose their job over this. I was told it would take 60 days. I am at day 159 and counting. No excuse for this. I contacted my representative and complained about 2 months ago.. you see how good that did. I think anyone that had to wait over 4 months should get a full refund. You fellows who submitted your packet in May and got it back.. what area are you all from?

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    My status changed August 27( at least this is when I noticed the change) It said Application Completed License issued or certificate active. I sent my completed package in on March 27. It has been 10 days at least and still no license. 5 months, 10 days and counting. No problems signed everything correct, fingerprints good, background clean. I think someone needs to lose their job over this. I was told it would take 60 days. I am at day 159 and counting. No excuse for this. I contacted my representative and complained about 2 months ago.. you see how good that did. I think anyone that had to wait over 4 months should get a full refund. You fellows who submitted your packet in May and got it back.. what area are you all from?

Houston area, Fort Bend county

AmirFazadh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Texas
    Galveston County here. The thing that irks me is that we have to pay $140 to exercise our Constitutional right- All men are created equal, but some are more equal than others.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    I sent my packet in on June 13. I got a letter saying that since I applied as a veteran for the $70 discount, I needed to provide a DD214. I couldn't find it. I had to send off for it and it took 2 weeks to get it. I sent the DD214 to them 3 weeks ago and my status changed over the weekend to "Processing Application". At least I know they got it.

I live in a small, conservative county. I hope that speeds up the background check part.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"

I guess I will be doing the "Wallywalk" soon. My Walmart doesn't have a McDonalds, so I'll buy some beef jerky.

JoshuaL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Austin
    GOT MINE TODAY! 90 days

I hand-delivered (by recommendation of my CHL instructor) my packet to the DPS in Austin on 6/15. When I opened my mailbox today, low and behold, shining in all it's glory, was my CHL license! That's about 90 days? They're getting faster! From what I read on here before, I wasn't expecting it for another month or 2. Time to start packin some heat. I'm so unprepared! I don't have bullets for my LCP, or a holster, I just know which one I want. Good luck, everyone, hopefully yours will come as fast as mine did.

-Josh
    :patriot:

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I completed the class in College Station on 26 July. Mailed in my application on 01 August. Checked on-line yesterday and have the: application completed, locense issued or certificate active. Seems like DPS has really stepped up their efforts on approving applications in the past couple of weeks.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    In the last couple of weeks, there are guys on TexasCHL.org that have reported as few as 38 days. Evidently, they can now do background checks electronically instead of having to wait for a snail-mail response from other agencies.

I sent my packet to DPS on Wednesday. If the trend holds, I should have my plastic by the end of October.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    last night at 1030-11ish I was still processing....

this mornin

Application Completed - license issued or certificate active

soconor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Central Texas
    Uuuuugh! I hand delivered my renewal paperwork to DPS on 6/30/09. Had them double check to make sure I was good as far as everything being there. It's going on 90 days and it's still being "processed". My license expires 9/28/09. This is my 2nd renewal, I had everything back to them within 3 weeks of getting my renewal stuff in the mail and nothing has changed except my age. This will be the first time I am unlicensed in 8 years!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    In the last couple of weeks, there are guys on TexasCHL.org that have reported as few as 38 days. Evidently, they can now do background checks electronically instead of having to wait for a snail-mail response from other agencies.
    That has not been the issue. DPS is required by law to send a person into the county where you live/work and conduct a background check. They do not inquire with other agencies, as convictions are held at the courts.

There were some administrative chances to the CHL law in the sunset bill that can now make the process run better.

I am glad it is.

Top Bottom