Venture Surplus ad

Texas City Commisioner smokes weed, runs over two people.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    She might have been for a while...

THlUY9u.jpg

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Wow(!)... she's in deep chit now. Unless, of course, she can claim the affluenza defense. Apparently never too old to be out partying @ 1am!

Reminds me of the Austin city councilman many years ago, who (using a shotgun), not only shot up his own apartment but managed to blow out some of his neighbor's windows too. Told police he was trying to kill a snake. Police investigated and determined it was a garden hose............ (& marijuana).
    --
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    She's lying or the news article is. She was drunk as a skunk. How long before the accident did she supposedly smoke? Why was only a field test conducted when people died? No blood draw? UA? Guess she was buying weed from bars or other places that serve alcohol? Breathalyzer in the ride...

Nice job mainstream news.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    She's lying or the news article is. She was drunk as a skunk. How long before the accident did she supposedly smoke? Why was only a field test conducted when people died? No blood draw? UA? Guess she was buying weed from bars or other places that serve alcohol? Breathalyzer in the ride...

That's her "legalize marijuana" campaign. Fail.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

Yes, because there is no way pot had an influence here.

Pot good. Alcohol bad.

Damn, open your eyes (if you can).

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Troopers determined marijuana intoxication after a field sobriety test.

A magistrate judge set Haney's bond at $100,000. As part of the conditions, Haney will have to install a breathalyzer in her vehicle. Additionally, she is not allowed into any place that serves primarily alcohol.

Do breathalyzers detect marijuana?????

I never heard of that.

bob

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

A magistrate judge set Haney's bond at $100,000. As part of the conditions, Haney will have to install a breathalyzer in her vehicle. Additionally, she is not allowed into any place that serves primarily alcohol.

I never heard of that.

bob

Agreed.

I find it odd that alcohol is not mentioned in the story, unless I missed it.
    Not counting the mention of the device in the vehicle, or visiting bars, of course.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE

she was undoubtedly tested by a DRE (Drug Recognition Expert), who is qualified to detect impairment from pretty much all types of drugs--licit and illicit--and/or alcohol. It's way, way beyond the training in SFSTs that most officers (and all troopers) receive.

It's possible there was some alcohol in her system but not in sufficient quantity to reach the legal limit. We're all guessing at this time. I'm willing to bet that there was a blood draw as well, as is usually the case when there are seriously-injured folks and a strong possibility of fatalities resulting from the crash.

DREs usually get involved when impairment is shown or otherwise evident; however, no (or low) alcohol is detected on the intoxilyzer test. The DRE evaluation is quite extensive and involves things like blood pressure, pupillary dilation measurements, reaction to light, horizontal AND vertical gaze nystagmus, and a whole host of other tests. Becoming a DRE is one of the most difficult training programs offered for LEOs.

Last edited:

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE

I never heard of that.

bob
    No, the breathalyzer can't detect marijuana; however, that's the only technology they've got and the judge has the authority to require it be installed as being some type of restraint upon the suspect in futuro.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    she was undoubtedly tested by a DRE (Drug Recognition Expert), who is qualified to detect impairment from pretty much all types of drugs--licit and illicit--and/or alcohol. It's way, way beyond the training in SFSTs that most officers (and all troopers) receive.

It's possible there was some alcohol in her system but not in sufficient quantity to reach the legal limit. We're all guessing at this time. I'm willing to bet that there was a blood draw as well, as is usually the case when there are seriously-injured folks and a strong possibility of fatalities resulting from the crash.
    I believe the article said that two men died, means it is a bit beyond the possibility.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I believe the article said that two men died, means it is a bit beyond the possibility.
    yes, and I saw that. I was including situations where there are serious injuries where there's a high likelihood of someone dying as a result of the injuries. Both situations turn LE into high gear regarding investigation for vehicular manslaughter and/or intoxication manslaughter. Sometimes the officer/trooper on the scene doesn't find out until later that there's been a fatality. Since you can't really "go back", the officers treat such scenes as though someone HAS died even though they hadn't yet, so far as evidence collection/preservation. See what I mean?

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    No, the breathalyzer can't detect marijuana; however, that's the only technology they've got and the judge has the authority to require it be installed as being some type of restraint upon the suspect in futuro.

That's about as stupid as requiring a homosexual male pedophile to take a course in Women's Studies.
    I guess if I ever got a DWI I would just start smoking weed and blow into my 'required vehicle mounted breathalyzer' if I wanted to drive high??

bob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Yes, because there is no way pot had an influence here.

Pot good. Alcohol bad.

Damn, open your eyes (if you can).

Yet again. Incorrect. Both hinder driving skills. I questioned why she wasn't allowed to return to her bars. Breathalyzer in the new ride.

As for my eyes. They're fine. Thank you.

Top Bottom