• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas-Gun-Man

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Grainger Lake Area
    This is a little something I got from my brother-in-law today.
    Jim Neugent is a coach in Childress , Texas .

Jim writes:
    My name is Jim Neugent. I wrote to ABC (on-line) concerning a program called 'THE PRACTICE.' In last night's episode, one of the lawyer's mothers decided she is gay and wanted her son to go to court and help her get a marriage license so she could marry her ' partner. ' I sent the following letter to ABC yesterday and really did not expect a reply, but I did get one.

My original message was:

ABC is obsessed with the subject of homosexuality. I will no longer watch any of your attempts to convince the world that homosexuality is OK. ' THE PRACTICE ' can be a fairly good show , but last night's program was so typical of your agenda. You picked the ' dufus ' of the office to be the one who was against the idea of his mother being gay, and made him look like a whiner because he had convictions. This type of mentality calls people like me a 'gay basher.'
    Read the first chapter of Romans (that's in the Bible) and see what the apostle Paul had to say about it.... He, God and Jesus were all ' gay bashers ' . What if she'd fallen in love with her cocker spaniel? Is that an alternative life style? (By the way, the Bible speaks against that, too.)
    --Jim Neugent

Here is ABC ' s reply from the ABC on-line webmaster:

How about getting your nose out of the Bible (which is ONLY a book of stories compiled by MANY different writers hundreds of years ago) and read the declaration of independence (what our nation is built on), where it says 'All Men are Created equal,' and try treating them that way for a change!
    Or better yet, try thinking for yourself and stop using an archaic book of stories as your lame crutch for your existence. You are in the minority in this country, and your boycott will not affect us at ABC or our freedom of statement.

Jim Neugent ' s second response ! to ABC: Thanks for your reply. From your harsh reply, evidently I hit a nerve. I will share it with all with whom I come in contact. Hopefully, the Arkansas Democrat Newspaper will include it in one of their columns and I will be praying for you.
    - -Jim Neugent- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Note: Wouldn't Satan just love it if people stopped using the Bible for a crutch? Please resend this to everyone in your mailbox.

-- Thanks, Jim Neugent

I wonder if the person from ABC considered how many people would read this e-mail!
    This is one we should definitely pass on.
    Hurley's Gold

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    There is a lesson to be learned from the OP. Two key phrases within the post should immediately tip us off that something isn't quite right with the message. For simplicity and clarity, I'll paraphrase:

"I got this in an email today."
    "Forward this email to everyone you know." (Orig: This is one we should definitely pass along.)

Whenever you see the first phase in a forum post, your bs filters should activate.
    Whenever you see the second phrase in an email you should immediately question the veracity. This second phrase usually means > 98% probability that it ain't so.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    There is a lesson to be learned from the OP. Two key phrases within the post should immediately tip us off that something isn't quite right with the message. For simplicity and clarity, I'll paraphrase:

"I got this in an email today."
    "Forward this email to everyone you know." (Orig: This is one we should definitely pass along.)

Whenever you see the first phase in a forum post, your bs filters should activate.
    Whenever you see the second phrase in an email you should immediately question the veracity. This second phrase usually means > 98% probability that it ain't so.

Haha, agreed! By default, if I EVER hear statements like that in emails I don't even bother reading further as you can be assured it is BS. I say let people live there lives. Me I mind my own business as I have enough crap to worry about. ;) lol

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom