• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctxpta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Lockhart, Texas
    Tcha

The short answer is they are for handgun owners like TSRA is for rifle owners on a state level. Unfortunately NRA is more worried about the national level and not specifically individual states. Also TSRA is more specifically worried about your right to have own a long weapon. They were a few good people in it as officers when I was active however, I have not had time to be active in a while. If you are interested in continuing to protect your rights with a firearm then join and also BE ACTIVE. Hope this helps a little.
    Matt

jmsfmtex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Fischer
    Texas vs National

With the Federal Government headed in the direction that, I perceive, it is heading, i.e. more anti-gun, I am more concerned about my own States laws concerning firearms. I think we should concentrate more on how our State is handling firearm regulations. It is my opinion that we are heading for a confrontation with Federal regulations/laws and States rights. At present I do not recall which State but one State declared that the Federal Government was not there to dictate laws to individual States. Something along this line. Each State has their own Constitution and will abide by it. So rather than unite our country I believe these poorly elected officials are going to divide our country more and more. What I am attempting to say is join your State organizations, be informed and get involved before it is to late.

Mark F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I believe Texas is pretty solid in their gun laws. However we are still a little "back woods" regarding Open Carry.

Hobie Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    San Marcos, Texas
    I was a member of TCHA for several years. They seem to be a well intended group. I liked the newsletters that keep you up to date on Texas laws and have interesting articles. My first CHL instructor included membership with class fees. Good people.

Moezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2008
    Allen
    Wish they had an online join option, would make it easier. I did print out the app to fill out and mail in though. Any word on the CHL Protection Plan I saw from their website, is it any good or are there better options to have in case you need them.

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    With the results of the recent election, don't be shocked if some Texas politicians from such places as Houston and Dallas begin to attack our rights and try to roll back some of the victories of the last 15 years or so. I am currently in NRA (Life member) and TSRA (annual, about to go life). I let my membership in TCHA lapse, but I am about to jump back in, along with SAF.

Top Bottom