• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    It's easy to say on a public forum: "I think you are full of it."
    Then that person can reply back: "Well, I think you saying I am full of it indicates that, you sir, in fact, are the one who is full of it."
    Then the first person says, in a smarmy way: "Well since you can't or won't prove it, you may think as well just say to yourself and everyone here that you are full of it, then."

And it goes on and on. Really entertaining.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    I support Constitutional Carry in Texas - it's my belief, that's what the "framers" intended with the Second Amendment. However, we may not see it passed in this session - it just may be too much of a "giant step" for some of the law makers. So, if we need to take baby steps to get there, I'm ok with that. (Not really, but I'll take *some* progress as opposed to no progress). So any of those bills that tend to head in the right direction, would get some level of support from me (like the bill to eliminate the "licensing fee"). Just read where some state dropped their age for handgun purchases/ownership from 21 to 18 (Tennessee, I think?).

Sent from my Apple thang using Tapatalk

Apologies but to be clear, when people talk about Constitutional Carry, do they mean more than long guns,as we have that now, er I mean the ability to pistol carry, or t=does that mean something more? Again apologies if this sounds like a stupid question.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Rep. Strickland seems to be a good guy in authoring so many pro-gun bills. What's his story? (Too bad there aren't more representatives like him).
    Junior representative that has made gun rights his primary platform. He's pissed off the old boy club because he takes the colloquial approach to being a representative (you know, what us plebes think...) instead of the typical political circle jerk. We need more folks like him.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Apologies but to be clear, when people talk about Constitutional Carry, do they mean more than long guns,as we have that now, er I mean the ability to pistol carry, or t=does that mean something more? Again apologies if this sounds like a stupid question.

"Arms"

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    We already make property owners liable for enough stupid crap.

Instead of making them liable for the actions of a criminal, just don't shop there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good, but not the case many times. For example, in Killeen there is only one cable company and they are posted with 30.06/30.07 signs. So, do not have cable or high speed Internet? Move to some other city?

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    From my humble experience as a state employee resource witness for the puppeteers at the capitol - mostly during the years 1980 - 2000ish, a controversial bill like constitutional carry will try & fail at least two times (2 sessions) before it'll pass.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    My stance only.
    I'm quite sure that any bill introduced will fall short of my wants.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Sounds good, but not the case many times. For example, in Killeen there is only one cable company and they are posted with 30.06/30.07 signs. So, do not have cable or high speed Internet? Move to some other city?
    That is a poor example.

Do you really have to enter the building for anything? Pay online or over the phone.

I am pretty sure you can survive without cable or internet anyways. They are luxuries.

Or move. Killeen is a dump.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That is a poor example.

Do you really have to enter the building for anything? Pay online or over the phone.

I am pretty sure you can survive without cable or internet anyways. They are luxuries.

Or move. Killeen is a dump.

All of this.

Or start your own cable company and allow people to carry on the building. Fill the niche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    zincwarrior; All,

IF everyone would acquire/read the MILLER decision of the SCOTUS, each of us would KNOW what is (or SHOULD be) lawful & what is not/should not be. = MILITIA WEAPONS & the ammunition for militia weapons are PROTECTED.

Otoh, "criminal instrumentalities" & weapons which are NOT militia weapons are NOT protected under The Constitution.
    (LOTS of things that "form a protected special class" of MILITIA WEAPONS are items which the GUN-HATING LEFT doesn't want anyone to know that are "members of the protected special class". = According to MILLER, MILITIA WEAPONS may NOT be licensed, restricted or prohibited to members of the militia by Congress or by the States/cities/counties/parishes. = That's WHY the leftists HATE the MILLER decision & routinely LIE about what it says.)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    locke_n_load.

You are 100% CORRECT.

Fwiw, I once had a hard-cased WWII-vintage, (EX- Chicago PD) Reising 50 SMG, which was perfectly lawful to own/fire/transport Intrastate, as it was registered/tax-paid.
    (NEVER had a single problem with Texas LEO, except that it seemed as if every TX cop that knew about it wanted to shoot it. = Ammo for a SMG swiftly becomes $$$$$$$, if you shoot it much & you WILL.)
    Note: My friends called the Reising 50 (paraphrasing the title of a famous book): THE GUN THAT MADE EAST TEXAS ROAR.
    (We shot the body of an old Ford car into pieces fairly soon with several 100 rounds of .45 hardball.)

Fwiw, because of size, weight & stock configuration, a Reising SMG in .45ACP is VERY controllable, VERY accurate (It fires from a closed bolt, like a regular semi-auto carbine.) & FUN to shoot.
    (While it was a pretty much a FAILURE on the sandy beaches of the South Pacific during WWII, a Reising is FINE as a police/security/collectable firearm. - WISHING that I hadn't sold it years ago.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    BRD@66,

What I'm "saving my nickels & dimes" for is a Model of 1907/1910 MAXIM gun, with pedestal, harness & all the other "goodies" & those are really "thirsty" for ammo.

yours, satx

Top Bottom