• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    Why is Mexico's problem our problem?

You have to dig to find the articles when a hospital is forced to close here in Texas, Arizona or California due to non-paying illegal immigrants using the ER. But it's not PC to talk about that. It is PC to be anti-gun.

It is too bad the gangsters in Mexico don't only use the weapons they buy here on each other. I suppose that is true in any case.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The right to buy Firearms whether in Texas or from any other State as these articles focus
    on is really not the most valid point I am seeing in all this. What sticks out in my mind is that
    your average law-abiding Mexican citizen does not have the right to buy or own a Firearm.
    However the criminal element over there is not stopped by those same laws and will get
    them no matter what. I am of the opinion that if all Mexican citizens could arm themselves
    for protection and defense then that would greatly cut down on all the violence being done
    by criminals who do not have to fear an armed population. This would also greatly help the Police
    over there who always seem to be outnumbered and outgunned. This entire scenario is a lesson
    for those who think taking away the rights of law-abiding people to protect and arm themselves
    and what happens when only the criminals are the ones who can easily get weapons and use them.

:patriot:

Beautifully stated!!!

OldGringo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    S.W. Houston Area
    Mexico's prolem is not gun's!!!! Mexico's problem is a government which is overrun with corruption at ALL levels! Where the heck would that journalist think they are buying their guns, Cozumel????? Morons!

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I DO see one problem, the dumb ass punk kids buying in quantity for the purpose of re-selling to the Mexican gangs.

More examples of great American families living the American Dream while ignoring the responsibility of raising their kids.

Kbear

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    quote=texascop2;30296]I will worry about how many imported guns kill people there when they worry about how many Mexican manufactured drugs ruin lives here....[/quote]

Sounds like anti-gun logic... blame an object or the manufacturer of an object, not individual using said object. The State Dept estimated 24 billion dollars in bulk cash from drug sales crossed from the US to Mexico, and that was in 2006. That is not counting wire transfers to Mexico from drug sales, because there is no way to trace the end receiver of wired funds.

America has a massive drug appetite that is not only affecting Mexico, but also other South American and Caribbean countries. Before we get tough on Mexican police, politicians and military who take bribes, we should get tough on the American high schoolers, college students and burn outs who fund the bribes, murders and pay offs.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    quote=texascop2;30296]I will worry about how many imported guns kill people there when they worry about how many Mexican manufactured drugs ruin lives here....

"Sounds like anti-gun logic... blame an object or the manufacturer of an object, not individual using said object. The State Dept estimated 24 billion dollars in bulk cash from drug sales crossed from the US to Mexico, and that was in 2006. That is not counting wire transfers to Mexico from drug sales, because there is no way to trace the end receiver of wired funds.

America has a massive drug appetite that is not only affecting Mexico, but also other South American and Caribbean countries. Before we get tough on Mexican police, politicians and military who take bribes, we should get tough on the American high schoolers, college students and burn outs who fund the bribes, murders and pay offs." [/quote]

Not anti gun logic at all....
    My point was that I don't feel any obligation to address a problem of minor proportions in Mexico, when they are instrumental in perpetuating a
    problem of monumental proportions in the U.S.
    If and when they addressed their role, I would examine what we might do to alleviate their perceived problem.
    I do agree that as long as there is demand there will be someone to supply it. The drugs issues in this country are multi-faceted, lack of any moral compass, lack of punishment....lack of focus. You are correct in your assesment that we need to get tough on our own....

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    Alright, now the news stories that started in San Antonio and Houston have made their way to Austin. I saw a news story on KVUE last about this very thing that got me really steamed. They didn't mention ONE word about the drug problem we get from Mexico OR the illegal immigration problem that we get from Mexico but somehow it is all the US's fault that guns end up in Mexico. I guess Obama didn't fart yesterday so they didn't have anything better to report.
    Kill your television.

Kbear

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    "They didn't mention ONE word about the drug problem we get from Mexico OR the illegal immigration problem that we get from Mexico but somehow it is all the US's fault that guns end up in Mexico."

Both are our problem and not Mexico's. The US addicted to cheap labor as much as it is to weed, cocaine and meth. If US citizens didn't purchase drugs, Mexicans, Colombians, Cubans, Haitians, Dominicans, Africans, Pakistani and a slew of others wouldn't ship them over. The same holds true for immigration. If US Employers didn't hire illegals they wouldn't come.

The problem with drugs and illegals is not Mexico, unfortunately it's us. Neither problem will be fixed until we take a long hard look at ourselves and make changes.

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    I had no idea that an FN 5.7x28 pistol could penetrate BODY ARMOR without AMMO!!!!

The problem with drugs and illegals is not Mexico, unfortunately it's us. Neither problem will be fixed until we take a long hard look at ourselves and make changes.

Wow. A country that lets drug cartel's run around loose is not their fault? If Mexico DIDN'T let them GET to the border WITH the DRUGS, then drugs wouldn't get INTO the U.S.

Kbear

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I had no idea that an FN 5.7x28 pistol could penetrate BODY ARMOR without AMMO!!!!

Wow. A country that lets drug cartel's run around loose is not their fault? If Mexico DIDN'T let them GET to the border WITH the DRUGS, then drugs wouldn't get INTO the U.S.

If our young US citizens didn't consume illegal narcodics, drugs would never come to the border and they would never cross. Don't look to Mexico or any other country to fix our demand problem.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    If you can't eliminate the supply or demand for both products on both sides of the same border, then logically, the border itself is insufficient and needs to be bolstered/improved. This whole thread is a great support for the border fence and increased patrols at the border.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom