• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    Got a WAOI news flash this afternoon that the Houston Mayor has cancelled the Texas GOP convention, but NOTHING on the evening news about it. Anyone else see this.

Less than a minute after originally writing this, it was on the news. The mayor did say that protesters are fine and do not pose a health problem, dumb asss liberal.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Interesting, I posted in another thread a picture off the TV, of a commercial for the rodeo being held in Conroe in August.

cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas
    All for a pandemic of epic proportions sooooo large, you have to have a test to see if you got it... the world has LOST its mind

ETA: I’m still waiting for the stacks of bodies from the “surge” in cases. I have a feeling I’ll be waiting quite a while

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    All for a pandemic of epic proportions sooooo large, you have to have a test to see if you got it... the world has LOST its mind

ETA: I’m still waiting for the stacks of bodies from the “surge” in cases. I have a feeling I’ll be waiting quite a while

Strange ain't it? From the way the doom and gloomers predicted, I expected the bodies to be stacked on the sidewalks like cord wood!

cjtexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    West Texas
    Strange ain't it? From the way the doom and gloomers predicted, I expected the bodies to be stacked on the sidewalks like cord wood!
    My boss asks me if I feel safe going to “wherever”. I always say “Mikey, if I were driving and saw ten people fall over dead on the way to anywhere, I’d get nervous.” I ain’t seeing that. Hell, I STILL don’t know anyone with it in the four states I’ve been in since April. It’s. Complete. Bullshit. On. A. Grand. Scale.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My boss asks me if I feel safe going to “wherever”. I always say “Mikey, if I were driving and saw ten people fall over dead on the way to anywhere, I’d get nervous.” I ain’t seeing that. Hell, I STILL don’t know anyone with it in the four states I’ve been in since April. It’s. Complete. Bullshit. On. A. Grand. Scale.

Here's my take on it. Do I believe there is a virus? Yes, but I believe it's blown out of proportion. Some people are at greater risk than others. Pretty much with any disease though. I think it's been weaponized to disrupt Trump's chances of winning in November, just as all of these "protests" are engineered to do as well.

A couple of months ago, a young guy on another forum, in his early 30's stated that our country has never faced a pandemic like this in its history. I just about fell out from laughing at him. I informed him to read up on the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918. I even linked several articles about it for him to read. Crickets after that!

mnpshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Centex
    Hopefully, it will be rescheduled soon in a city controlled by GOP. I’ve worked in healthcare for 26 years and have never seen an epidemic that made the hospitals loose business. We have seen more cases here in central Texas, but we are seeing younger patients that are only moderately sick at worst. We also have a lot better systems in place so the survival rates for “at risk” groups is much higher than in the beginning. If you actually look at the mortality rates it is the same as the flu overall and much lower for those under 55.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Is this the same mayor that had no problem rubbing elbows at the George Floyd funeral?

I know Sylvester said he had cancelled the rodeo so there was precedent. He forgot that he allowed the funeral...

And Conroe is currently advertising their rodeo happening in August.

Top Bottom