Texas Gun Legislation that is about to pass...

Texasgrillchef

Jul 27, 2018
Lewisville
I will update as bills get passed or get closer to being passed.

HB1927 Constitutional Carry, currently in conference committee. Likely to pass.

HB918, allowing those between 18-21 with a protective order against someone to obtain a Texas LTC. Senate passed amendment. back to the house. Rep Leman will concur. Gov will sign.

SB19 barring discrimination against Firearms industry. House amendment, headed back to Senate. Sen Schwertner expected to concur.

SCR20 makes 1847 colt Walker official handgun of Texas. Passed sent to gov for signature.

Sb162. Makes it a state felony to lie on the NIC’s background check. Passed headed to gov for signature. Gov will sign.

There are 12 other bills waiting on final passage in the House and or Senate. Once passed will head to gov for signature. (Assuming amendments aren’t added)

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
TGT Supporter
May 12, 2009
SCR20 is just formalizing an informal understanding.
but hopefully we will get some nice commemorative reproductions on the market!
not sure if they should rol the cylinder design a little deeper or as original so after heavy use it goes smooth though.

Texasgrillchef

Jul 27, 2018
Lewisville
SCR20 is just formalizing an informal understanding.
but hopefully we will get some nice commemorative reproductions on the market!
not sure if they should rol the cylinder design a little deeper or as original so after heavy use it goes smooth though.
Well I have to get a new brass plate engraved, as I have an original. Have to have it engraved “Official Handgun of Texas”

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
TGT Supporter
May 12, 2009
strictly display or you ever take it out?

billtool

Well-Known
Nov 16, 2008
The Wooldlands
I will update as bills get passed or get closer to being passed.

HB1927 Constitutional Carry, currently in conference committee. Likely to pass.

HB918, allowing those between 18-21 with a protective order against someone to obtain a Texas LTC. Senate passed amendment. back to the house. Rep Leman will concur. Gov will sign.

SB19 barring discrimination against Firearms industry. House amendment, headed back to Senate. Sen Schwertner expected to concur.

SCR20 makes 1847 colt Walker official handgun of Texas. Passed sent to gov for signature.

Sb162. Makes it a state felony to lie on the NIC’s background check. Passed headed to gov for signature. Gov will sign.

There are 12 other bills waiting on final passage in the House and or Senate. Once passed will head to gov for signature. (Assuming amendments aren’t added)
HB 918 - Can you advise the details? I’m a little confused regarding your synopsis. If I have a protective order against somebody, then I’m allowed to get a LTC?

Last edited:

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics