Texas Gun Legislation that is about to pass...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I will update as bills get passed or get closer to being passed.

HB1927 Constitutional Carry, currently in conference committee. Likely to pass.

HB918, allowing those between 18-21 with a protective order against someone to obtain a Texas LTC. Senate passed amendment. back to the house. Rep Leman will concur. Gov will sign.

SB19 barring discrimination against Firearms industry. House amendment, headed back to Senate. Sen Schwertner expected to concur.

SCR20 makes 1847 colt Walker official handgun of Texas. Passed sent to gov for signature.

Sb162. Makes it a state felony to lie on the NIC’s background check. Passed headed to gov for signature. Gov will sign.

There are 12 other bills waiting on final passage in the House and or Senate. Once passed will head to gov for signature. (Assuming amendments aren’t added)
    ARJ Defense ad

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    SCR20 is just formalizing an informal understanding.
    but hopefully we will get some nice commemorative reproductions on the market!
    not sure if they should rol the cylinder design a little deeper or as original so after heavy use it goes smooth though.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    SCR20 is just formalizing an informal understanding.
    but hopefully we will get some nice commemorative reproductions on the market!
    not sure if they should rol the cylinder design a little deeper or as original so after heavy use it goes smooth though.

Well I have to get a new brass plate engraved, as I have an original. Have to have it engraved “Official Handgun of Texas”

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I will update as bills get passed or get closer to being passed.

HB1927 Constitutional Carry, currently in conference committee. Likely to pass.

HB918, allowing those between 18-21 with a protective order against someone to obtain a Texas LTC. Senate passed amendment. back to the house. Rep Leman will concur. Gov will sign.

SB19 barring discrimination against Firearms industry. House amendment, headed back to Senate. Sen Schwertner expected to concur.

SCR20 makes 1847 colt Walker official handgun of Texas. Passed sent to gov for signature.

Sb162. Makes it a state felony to lie on the NIC’s background check. Passed headed to gov for signature. Gov will sign.

There are 12 other bills waiting on final passage in the House and or Senate. Once passed will head to gov for signature. (Assuming amendments aren’t added)
    HB 918 - Can you advise the details? I’m a little confused regarding your synopsis. If I have a protective order against somebody, then I’m allowed to get a LTC?

Last edited:

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    So much for "Sanctuary State".

Not only we will help enforce Federal gun laws, we will even mirror the federal laws and prosecute too!
    Help me understand. Why would anyone want to lie on the NIC’s form? Beyond thinking it shouldn’t be required at all. There’s an argument to get rid of it all-but that’s not today’s fight.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The NIC info requirements seem reasonable to me.

There are no "NIC info requirements". NICS takes all its info from the 4473, which predates NICS. I see the bill was pretty much re-written since introduced, and only applies to Prohibited Persons and does not mention any form by name (or even NICS). That cleans it up a little.

This is a feel-good law that will likely never be used.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Help me understand. Why would anyone want to lie on the NIC’s form? Beyond thinking it shouldn’t be required at all. There’s an argument to get rid of it all-but that’s not today’s fight.

I have agree with Cam on this as well. Probably doing something they should no be doing.

I see a huge problem with a person lying, or providing false information on Form 4473. And yes, IMO if a person knowingly lied, or provided false information on a Form 4473 they should be charged with a felony.

There is only one reason that I can see for a person to knowingly lie, is because if they told the truth, they would be denied from buying and possessing a gun.

If you have to lie, then you probably have no business with a gun in the first place.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I have agree with Cam on this as well. Probably doing something they should no be doing.

I see a huge problem with a person lying, or providing false information on Form 4473. And yes, IMO if a person knowingly lied, or provided false information on a Form 4473 they should be charged with a felony.

There is only one reason that I can see for a person to knowingly lie, is because if they told the truth, they would be denied from buying and possessing a gun.

If you have to lie, then you probably have no business with a gun in the first place.

I assume the issue is whether or to what extent the state of Texas (or any state) should help the Fed's enforce a federal requirement.

Up until recently, this would not have been particularly controversial, at least not in concept. But with the wave of states legalizing marijuana and the proliferation of sanctuary cities/states for immigration, it's become fashionable for the left to flout federal laws they don't like. And more often than not they're getting away with it.

So I guess I have to question why we're going out of our way to help the Feds with this. And it's not like we're putting impediments in the way like the left does, we're actually adding on to what's already illegal at the federal level.

Maybe I'm overthinking it but I don't get the point. Am I missing something?

Top Bottom