• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pvtsnowball82

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Outside San Antonio
    SAXET gun show San Antonio

Planning on attending the SAXET show at Alzafar Shrine on 2/14/09 & 2/15/09 (Hope my wife doesn't mind!). What are y'all's experiences with SAXET shows? Also, I'm looking for a current generation mini-14, hopefully in 6.8 SPC. Is there any hope I'll ever find one these days? Where should I look?

Thanks,
    Luke
    ARJ Defense ad

jracca

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    DFW
    I haven't been to many gun shows lately, but went to one at the Mesquite Rodeo this weekend and was not impressed. I can't blame any shortcomings on the organizers since they cannot control the conduct of sellers.

It was absolutely packed. Prices seemed high, compared to the same exact weapons at local retailers. In the past I found good deals at gun shows. Perhaps my 2 year hiatus has seen changes.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Texas Gun Show should change its name to TX CARNIE CONVENTION.

I am looking to move back to TX; someone please tell me there are some legitimate shooters with some knowledge of Guns, Ammo, and Shooting...

I have not seen much more than junk gun and knock-off collectors.

Anyone?

Nope - not me. Obviously, however, you are the epitamy of gun knowledge, ability, tact and charm. So tell me....how long ya been shooting, what do you shoot and what do you own & collect?

I learned a long time ago to respect those with desires different from my own, recognizing that in the differences we can find common ground. Someone may collect cheap guns because that's all they can afford - but they're still a fellow gun owner. Others may collect for "investment value", but never shoot 'em, or even know much about 'em other than what they're worth.

When someone's selling some "top of the line", "NIB" whatever, all I can think of is "Damn - what a waste of money!" If I am gonna buy/own it, I'm gonna shoot it (with a few rare exceptions)!

Saxet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    Nope - not me. Obviously, however, you are the epitamy of gun knowledge, ability, tact and charm. So tell me....how long ya been shooting, what do you shoot and what do you own & collect?

I learned a long time ago to respect those with desires different from my own, recognizing that in the differences we can find common ground. Someone may collect cheap guns because that's all they can afford - but they're still a fellow gun owner. Others may collect for "investment value", but never shoot 'em, or even know much about 'em other than what they're worth.

When someone's selling some "top of the line", "NIB" whatever, all I can think of is "Damn - what a waste of money!" If I am gonna buy/own it, I'm gonna shoot it (with a few rare exceptions)!

slam

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Diablo4151
    Top Bottom