• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    I wasn't speaking of weapons that get checked at the door and brought in.
    I was referring to "concealed" weapons.

I don't know if all gun shows are posted for the same reason. That's why I asked. Maybe different promoters have different rules. I don't know.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    If you mean is it posted 30.06 compliant, aren't all gun shows posted for the same reasons?

+1...Same here. I also, thought all gun shows were 30.06 compliant.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    All of 'em have it - not their choice, it's the venue. Besides, from talking w/the owners of the shows, there has been times when some yahoo would pull out his carry piece and wave it around while showin' someone else, or checking a holster fit...

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    All of 'em have it - not their choice, it's the venue. Besides, from talking w/the owners of the shows, there has been times when some yahoo would pull out his carry piece and wave it around while showin' someone else, or checking a holster fit...

No, it is because of the insurance carriers they use. I could care less why they post it, if they do I simply will not spend my money with them.

I also feel that people who give gun shows a pass on 30.06 but refuse to shop at other venues that post are hypocrites.

You either spend at 30.06 posted places or you don't.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Your choice. But before you go jumping about all froggy-like with your name calling much further, consider your choice of words. And tell me one show in the San Antonio area that ain't 30-06 posted.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Your choice. But before you go jumping about all froggy-like with your name calling much further, consider your choice of words. And tell me one show in the San Antonio area that ain't 30-06 posted.

All I said was if you spend money at a gun show that posts 30.06, but will not spend money at other businesses that post 30.06 you are a hypocrite. If this applies to you so be it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    All I said was if you spend money at a gun show that posts 30.06, but will not spend money at other businesses that post 30.06 you are a hypocrite. If this applies to you so be it.

And my question was what show doesn't have it? Or are you too busy tossin' stones? Then again, it's usually the way - some folks love playing keyboard kommando's.....

And frankly, I about care about your opinion as I do others that toss labels about without discussion. Usually it's the same shallow minds.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    And it does not matter what show doesn't have it posted. My statement, for the third time now, was

If you boycott businesses that post 30.06{ this would be Taco Cabana, Jareds, car dealerships, etc} and give a pass to the gun shows who post, you are a hypocrite.

I really do not know what is so hard to understand.

Oh snap! You thought I meant YOU personally, I want to assure you I was using the word "you" to describe ANYONE who gives the gun shows a pass.;)

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Alright guys...here ya go. Nobody's doing any stone tossing. The "you" was generally speaking.

chill_pill.jpg

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Whatever. My question still stands - what shows in the SA area aren't posted?

I can think of some very good reasons for the shows to be 30-06 posted, and some good reasons for 'em NOT to be. Either way, I've talked w/them, and at the two local venues, the venue itself won't allow it. You say it's because of their insurance - I'd like to see the proof of that.

CJS3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    They probably don't allow concealed carry because they are city or county owned property.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    A couple of the Admins and Moderators on THR put on gunshows. They say if you do not post , you will not get insurance, no insurance, no show.

I personally do not care what the reasons are, I will not patronize a 30.06 posted business.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    They probably don't allow concealed carry because they are city or county owned property.

You can carry on City properties as long as they are not 30.06 posted. The Austin Convention Center does not have 30.06 posted.{ and yes it is owned by the City} You can not carry in to court houses and jails, or City Hall.

ebk06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Austin
    A couple of the Admins and Moderators on THR put on gunshows. They say if you do not post , you will not get insurance, no insurance, no show.

I personally do not care what the reasons are, I will not patronize a 30.06 posted business.

I completely understand not shopping at a business thats not for conceal carry. But there has to be an exception to the every rule. Not supporting a business thats obviously pro gun is ignorant. They can't help is they dont want to be held liable for some dumb person hurting themselves on their property. With todays sue happy society it only makes sense to want to cover your own ass.....especially when your business is selling something as potentionally dangerous as a gun or knive and the related. Its like saying you won't let Chip Foose paint your car because his shop doesnt allow customers in the garage for insurance reasons. Sure you know he'll do the best job ever but you just have to be able to see that paint being sprayed or you won't let him do the work.......

Top Bottom