• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Hey guys!! Probably already a thread that covers this but i cant find it! The last time i went to a gun show was 20 years ago. It was the one that used to be in Spring Tx once a month. Back then the rules were no bullets allowed. I'm planning on going to the show at GRB convention center in Houston at the end of this month. Need some accessories for my AR15. What are the policies (state laws) for open carry at the shows now days? Thanks in advance for any and all responses!!:flag:
    DK Firearms

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yes, most shows have 30.06 and 30.07 signs posted; however, you can bring in firearms that have been secured at entry (no ammo though).

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Not allowed at all the shows I've been to. All guns have to be inspected and zip tied.

Doesn’t mean you can’t open carry them in there. They just have to be unloaded and secured (zip tied).

I ain’t leaving my carry gun in my vehicle at a gun show (well anywhere for that matter). I just unload it and carry it inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fishhog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    East of Dallas
    I was at the Tyler show the other day and the guy told everyone before they opened the door for the show that concealed guns were ok, but no ammo allowed and he asked for folks to let them inspect the guns to insure they were unloaded. Fair deal as far as I'm concerned. I hate to see folks leave their guns in the cars in the parking lots as it's just asking for some creep to steal it from you. I had a friend that has his pickup broken into at the Dallas show. They actually pried off the whole door handle ! Luckily he is a policeman and always keeps his gun with him.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Safest place for your carry weapon is unfugged with in your holster. If youre selling something that's different as it should be inspected. Your carry gun should remain in its holster and you have no reason to phuk with it at a gun show. Gun in your holster will not go off. It's an inanimate object.

Concealed is concealed and some of us have carried so long we forget we have it..

billviverette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2015
    Is there a limit to how many guns/rifles you can carry in on your person? Like in a carry bag or in a holster or stuck in your jeans or on a strap over your shoulder?

I am not joking, just maybe selling.

Thanks,
    BillV

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    As many as the show allows, the law doesn't dictate any limits.

I've seen guys at shows with carts full of guns and/or ammo.

But if you're going to sell, you need to be absolutely, positive certain the weapon is unloaded!

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Is there a limit to how many guns/rifles you can carry in on your person? Like in a carry bag or in a holster or stuck in your jeans or on a strap over your shoulder?

I am not joking, just maybe selling.

Thanks,
    BillV

At the big Premier Gun Show in Fort Worth I saw a guy pushing a pallet full of guns once. Don't know if he was buying or selling but he was an attendee not a vendor.

Top Bottom