• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Se7en62

Well-Known
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    OP, order placed but i have a question.

why was i charged these extra taxes? i don't live in that county, or that city.

Subtotal : $95.00 USD
    TX State Tax : $6.31 USD
    Fannin County Tax : $0.50 USD

Trenton Municipal Tax : $1.51 USD

Shipping : $5.95 USD
    Total : $109.27 USD
    I think those are just the state/county/municipal taxes itemized out. Usually you'd only see one line which includes all rolled into one tax charge.

Texas is 6.25%, then county and municipal can total an additional 2%. Those taxes are always charged at the rate of the seller's location, if sold to a customer who is receiving the product in Texas. If you order over the Internet and the purchase is an interstate purchase, no tax is collected for either state as the internet still exists in the ether of national/state tax law.
    Military Camp

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Texas is 6.25%, then county and municipal can total an additional 2%. Those taxes are always charged at the rate of the seller's location, if sold to a customer who is receiving the product in Texas. If you order over the Internet and the purchase is an interstate purchase, no tax is collected for either state as the internet still exists in the ether of national/state tax law.

Beautiful explanation (& from ATexasYankee too). I'd make just one other point of clarification concerning internet sales. You may see places like Amazon charging Texas sales tax nowadays, where once upon a time, they didn't - that's because as Amazon has expanded their operation and physical locations over the years, they now have warehouses located in Texas from which they do business. That physical presence in Texas now causes them to have to collect sales tax monies to turn over to the appropriate taxing entities. As a side note, when you make a major purchase such as a new car, the sales tax is capped at the state rate only, so on a new vehicle purchase, you will only ever pay the state rate (currently set at 6.25% as noted above).

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    thanks fellas, much better explanations of the tax thing here than what i received from the ground zero via email

the first line was an insult... asking if i was retarded. they already have my money, so im just hoping i get the product now.
    Can you post a copy of that email?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I think those are just the state/county/municipal taxes itemized out. Usually you'd only see one line which includes all rolled into one tax charge.

I thought this was common knowledge, but thanks for posting the info.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I think you're reading that email wrong... at least the one from SubSeaShooter. That looks like a little rib-poking and assumes some personal familiarity. Notice the tongue-sticking-out at the end, after the 'you said some other stuff' line that looks like button-pushing? If anything, I'd personally chalk this up to an over-familiar response, I hope.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    if the email receipt only had 8.25% as the tax i wouldn't have thought anything of it, i just asked why i was paying extra taxes for a county and city i don't live in, all i was looking for was a simple explanation

You're correct that most places here just include one sales tax line item, then do the "behind the scenes" stuff themselves. I haven't seen it itemized out anywhere else.

It's also confusing because the tax rate changes depending on where you are, e.g. how many taxes on top of the 6.25% there are, e.g. how much of the additional 2% has been added on by counties, cities, special purpose districts, etc.

If GZP is going to itemize it, they're going to have to expect questions.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I think you're reading that email wrong... at least the one from SubSeaShooter. That looks like a little rib-poking and assumes some personal familiarity. Notice the tongue-sticking-out at the end, after the 'you said some other stuff' line that looks like button-pushing? If anything, I'd personally chalk this up to an over-familiar response, I hope.
    That is why I was hoping he would post the actual email responses from both sides. That way we could see both sides and get a feel for the conversation. And yes, emotions do not translate well to text.

It very well may have been a little too familiar as I don't expect insults like that as serious from fellow members to customers.

JayeMechanico

Aug 22, 2009
    Buda, TX
    I placed my order on 9/24 @ 21:00
    According to my customer account the order status is still reading "unfulfilled order", so no ship out yet. I'm just down the road in Austin so once it ships it should only take a day or two to get here. I'm excited to get it installed, hope it ships soon!!!

JayeMechanico

Aug 22, 2009
    Buda, TX
    Oh shoot, my order status went from "unfulfilled" to ''Order Filled'' this afternoon!! Can't wait for it to get here, it's my first custom trigger so needless to say I'm stoked to try it out and get used to it on my new ATI. C'mon mister mail man!!

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    which gerd replyed with:

We strive to treat all of our customers like family!

like i said, they already have taken my money and have insulted me, i just hope i get my product without issue, but i am sure of one thing, i will not be a repeat customer.

Hey Vec, it was good talking with you this afternoon. Sorry again for the mis-read email.

For everyone: Both Gerd and I thought Vec was a buddy of ours with a very similar name and so we both responded as we would to a buddy with neither of us realizing our mistake until I saw Vec's post.

Note to self; reading comprehension, learn it.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Oh shoot, my order status went from "unfulfilled" to ''Order Filled'' this afternoon!! Can't wait for it to get here, it's my first custom trigger so needless to say I'm stoked to try it out and get used to it on my new ATI. C'mon mister mail man!!

Mine, too! I'll have it for Hicksville!

STXdevilsquid

Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Got my order today, ordered a 300 Quick kit and a blue trigger.

I appreciate the surprises, but I need someone from GZP to message me.

The upper looks sweet, and so does the trigger.

Top Bottom