• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    i recieved mine yesterday, installed it in the M&P15-22 i shoot everyday, the stock trigger weighed in at 5.5lbs consistently

this trigger after install was just under 3.5 lbs, crisp break, very little travel and a nice reset

ive got 100 rounds on it now and will re check the pull at 500 rounds thus far though it seems like a good trigger, it's not a Geissele but its well worth what i paid for it.

How did your pins fit? Mine are very, very loose - they'll fall out with no pressure. Looks like I'm going to have to buy oversized and/or anti-walk pins vs. the ones I'd been using from the CMMG LPK/FCG that the drop-in replaced. If I can do that today I'll bring it with me to Hicksville. Otherwise... it'll have to wait.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    How did your pins fit? Mine are very, very loose - they'll fall out with no pressure. Looks like I'm going to have to buy oversized and/or anti-walk pins vs. the ones I'd been using from the CMMG LPK/FCG that the drop-in replaced. If I can do that today I'll bring it with me to Hicksville. Otherwise... it'll have to wait.

I don't understand. Why not just reuse your old pins that worked great?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I don't understand. Why not just reuse your old pins that worked great?

I did - they're loose now, which tells me the FCG was holding them in, not the interface with the sides of the receiver.

The holes in the DIT are much larger, so now the pins that worked before don't hold.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I did - they're loose now, which tells me the FCG was holding them in, not the interface with the sides of the receiver.

The holes in the DIT are much larger, so now the pins that worked before don't hold.

There are adjustment set screws on each side of the trigger looking in from the top. Tightening them will put pressure on your trigger pins.

The screws are a pain in the ass to get to. I use a dental pick to move the hammer spring legs out of the way to access the screws.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443813213.210765.jpg

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    There are adjustment set screws on each side of the trigger looking in from the top. Tightening them will put pressure on your trigger pins.

The screws are a pain in the ass to get to. I use a dental pick to move the hammer spring legs out of the way to access the screws.

View attachment 36315

Very nice, thanks, I'll try this first!

JayeMechanico

Aug 22, 2009
    Buda, TX
    Got my order in the mail about an hour ago. As others have confirmed, this is one sweet trigger. Getting ready to throw it in my ATI and try it out tomorrow. Thanks again to GZP for the good deals and customer service!

Orbie

Born Texan
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Sorry for the poor poor quality of video. I was propping up my phone with some books and it focused on the book cover towards the end. However you can see the short reset of these triggers. They're good to go after some CLP and tightening of the screws mentioned above.

https://vimeo.com/141279913

JayeMechanico

Aug 22, 2009
    Buda, TX
    I put 100 rounds down range with the new trigger install this afternoon on my ATI. Hands down the BRO trigger is bad ass! Huge difference! I'm stoked.
    The free hat from GZP was an awesome gesture, it too is bad ass!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I picked up the trigger at their table today during the Hicksville meet. Before I bought it they let me try a standard trigger vs the blue one.

Damn. :)

This is the grouping I got at 50 yds with some junk bulk ammo. My red dot covered the majority of the diamond, so I'm pretty happy.

20151003_215521_zpszjmjubvi.jpg

TXARGUY, I'd love to see y'all at every Hicksville meet! The experience of being able to buy a new product and literally walk 50 ft to start playing with it is one I've never had before. You guys let me know when you'll be at a Hicksville meet and what you're bringing - I'll try my hardest to set money aside.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas

The guys at Fat Boy Tactical are great guys. I was up there visiting with them 2 weeks ago and when I left everyone from owners to employees were wearing Ground Zero Precision hats and I was wearing a Fat Boy Tactical hat.

That said, I think anyone who pulls this bullshit in any forum sponsor's thread, I believe, should face at the very least a temporary ban.

This is also why I hesitated for as long as I did over becoming a sponsor of TGT while actively sponsoring forums in other states and nationally from the start. Because yes, there are some taxes to this great state involved and I knew that would be an issue for some. After much consideration I decided not only to become a sponsor but the site's main sponsor not for the 'some', the guys who don't want to pay taxes, but because a whole lot of you guys over the years have become like family to me and I care about this forum. So, after much thought, consideration and discussion Kevin (the forum owner) and I worked out a plan and are continuing to work, as time allows, to improve the forum for everyone. Even the 'some'.

The forum gets healthier with the added influx of funds my company's sponsorship brings, you guys get access to some great TGT member exclusive deals from Ground Zero Precision and I get to tell you about them.

Win, Win, Win, and I can tell you... Great things are coming.

If you choose to save a few dollars on taxes by sending your money out of state to some guys (great as they may be) who have never even heard of, much less cared about, or financially supported TGT that is your business.

If you choose to shit on a (any) forum sponsor's thread by "innocently" pasting links to that sponsor's competitor's sites that is my business.

And I think you should get banned for it.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I picked up the trigger at thier table today during the Hicksville meet. Before I bought it they let me try a standard trigger vs the blue one.

Damn. :)

This is the grouping I got at 50 yds with some junk bulk ammo. My red dot covered the majority of the diamond, so I'm pretty happy.

20151003_215521_zpszjmjubvi.jpg

TXARGUY, I'd love to see y'all at every Hicksville meet! The experience of being able to buy a new product and literally walk 50 ft to start playing with it is one I've never had before. You guys let me know when you'll be at a Hicksville meet and what you're bringing - I'll try my hardest to set money aside.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

That's not bad grouping at all for a few tweaks. Imagine what it could be with just a little more time and non-bulk ammo.

I really enjoyed today. It was great to finally get to meet a whole lot of people I've enjoyed getting to know on here for years and as you saw today I love talking rifles and platform theory.

I just wish the day could have been longer because there simply wasn't enough time to meet everyone or the time to visit as long as I wanted to with the ones I did meet but there's always next time.

I plan on being at every Hicksville meet from now until I'm dead.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    All I can say is thanks for sponsoring TGT, thanks for the great deal on the triggers, and thanks for the super cool cap that came with the order.

I appreciate the fact that GZP went above and beyond to offer me a fantastic opportunity to purchase a quality product that I otherwise wouldn't have even known about.

2a1a08d4d7acd593422eb19a690ff550046a1ac7b71b438320705ccb1e11d49b.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom