• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    The guys at Fat Boy Tactical are great guys. I was up there visiting with them 2 weeks ago and when I left everyone from owners to employees were wearing Ground Zero Precision hats and I was wearing a Fat Boy Tactical hat.

That said, I think anyone who pulls this bullshit in any forum sponsor's thread, I believe, should face at the very least a temporary ban.

This is also why I hesitated for as long as I did over becoming a sponsor of TGT while actively sponsoring forums in other states and nationally from the start. Because yes, there are some taxes to this great state involved and I knew that would be an issue for some. After much consideration I decided not only to become a sponsor but the site's main sponsor not for the 'some', the guys who don't want to pay taxes, but because a whole lot of you guys over the years have become like family to me and I care about this forum. So, after much thought, consideration and discussion Kevin (the forum owner) and I worked out a plan and are continuing to work, as time allows, to improve the forum for everyone. Even the 'some'.

The forum gets healthier with the added influx of funds my company's sponsorship brings, you guys get access to some great TGT member exclusive deals from Ground Zero Precision and I get to tell you about them.

Win, Win, Win, and I can tell you... Great things are coming.

If you choose to save a few dollars on taxes by sending your money out of state to some guys (great as they may be) who have never even heard of, much less cared about, or financially supported TGT that is your business.

If you choose to shit on a (any) forum sponsor's thread by "innocently" pasting links to that sponsor's competitor's sites that is my business.

And I think you should get banned for it.

My 2 cents.

That was not my intention. I was curious if it was the same trigger. I'd much rather buy from a Texas company and pay a little taxes. I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to shit on your thread.
    ARJ Defense ad

STXdevilsquid

Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    TXARGUY I have tried texting you and messaging you, no response. I still have not recieved the rest of my kit, only the upper.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    I purchased two of the the blue triggers and Philip was kind enough to install one for me. He also installed an ambi safety for me that I didn't even buy from him. Talk about great customer service.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    On my way to the range this morning to try out the new trigger. I'll post an opinion when I get back. Oh, and you do have to tighten the set screws to secure the pins. Makes it rock solid too.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I'm the guy that had the AR with the "trigger block" in it. Short of buying a new lower, what can I do. Get it milled out? I think that's what our opinion was today.

Hey Charlie, I apologize for the late response, I just now saw your question.

For those of you who did not see Charlie's rifle when I had it apart at Hicksville he has, from what I could tell, a mid '80s model Colt Match Target with a factory installed trigger block in the lower as shown in the photos below.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444136185.968355.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444136226.219531.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444136242.245894.jpg

The block is firmly locked in place by three blind pins, one on each side of the selector switch as shown here and one just behind the trigger just in front of the hole for the grip screw:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444136427.603986.jpg

This block makes it impossible to install any trigger other than the one that came with the rifle that has been specifically modified by Colt to fit with the block. Since seeing Charlie's rifle I have done some extensive reading on that model and while I've found that the block can be removed by a competent machinist using a mill there is a good chance the lower may be destroyed in the process due to a material difference between the block and lower; while the lower is cast from a grade of aluminum which I have yet to determine the block is made from tool steel and was installed during the casting of the lower.

It is my opinion that the block should be left in place so as to avoid destroying the value of the rifle. The rifle has a very nice match trigger which could be made silky smooth with just a little work so Charlie if you're interested in letting me clean that up for you just let me know and we'll make some arrangements.

Other than that my recommendation would be to purchase a second lower receiver for it and leave that one as is.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Hey Charlie, I apologize for the late response, I just now saw your question.

For those of you who did not see Charlie's rifle when I had it apart at Hicksville he has, from what I could tell, a mid '80s model Colt Match Target with a factory installed trigger block in the lower as shown in the photos below.

View attachment 36351

View attachment 36352

View attachment 36353

The block is firmly locked in place by three blind pins, one on each side of the selector switch as shown here and one just behind the trigger just in front of the hole for the grip screw:

View attachment 36354

This block makes it impossible to install any trigger other than the one that came with the rifle that has been specifically modified by Colt to fit with the block. Since seeing Charlie's rifle I have done some extensive reading on that model and while I've found that the block can be removed by a competent machinist using a mill there is a good chance the lower may be destroyed in the process due to a material difference between the block and lower; while the lower is cast from a grade of aluminum which I have yet to determine the block is made from tool steel and was installed during the casting of the lower.

It is my opinion that the block should be left in place so as to avoid destroying the value of the rifle. The rifle has a very nice match trigger which could be made silky smooth with just a little work so Charlie if you're interested in letting me clean that up for you just let me know and we'll make some arrangements.

Other than that my recommendation would be to purchase a second lower receiver for it and leave that one as is.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Thanks for posting the pics and the explanation. I'll be in touch!

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    If I had a rifle like Charlie's, there is no way in hell I would mess with that trigger block to install something else. Lowers are cheap as all get out. His rifle is unique and I would absolutely keep it that way, especially since you said the trigger it came with is already pretty good.

Milling the trigger block out will make that lower become just like every other lower on the market. You can never go backwards. That rifle is unique, and I would leave it the way it is, and either sell it if you don't want it, or keep it and know it has historic value.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    If I had a rifle like Charlie's, there is no way in hell I would mess with that trigger block to install something else. Lowers are cheap as all get out. His rifle is unique and I would absolutely keep it that way, especially since you said the trigger it came with is already pretty good.

Milling the trigger block out will make that lower become just like every other lower on the market. You can never go backwards. That rifle is unique, and I would leave it the way it is, and either sell it if you don't want it, or keep it and know it has historic value.

No worries, it's staying original! I'll pick up a new receiver and internals from Ground Zero to finish it out.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    May 15, 2012
    Thanks for that quick call to clear up the shipping problem.

Random question are the Deadbolt BCG's a GZP brand? If so how do you feel a matchup of the NiB one would pair with a Rainier Arms Ultra Match barrel in .223 Wylde?

5db87aff5c0dba839bb1b8c904d596a9.jpg

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Just got back from the range and trying out the new trigger. If anyone is sitting on the fence, get off and get this trigger!!
    This is the best trigger deal you'll probably ever find.

I'm guessing the one I got breaks at 3 lbs and the reset is fantastic. I took a Marine Vet with me this morning and he said it's the best trigger he's shot with.

Thanks GZP.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I took a Marine Vet with me this morning and he said it's the best trigger he's shot with.

Thanks GZP.
    Seabee Vet here. I concur. This trigger is f'n sweet and just screams quality. Too bad I'm the only one with an AR in my family AND goes to the range. At this price and quality, they're great Christmas presents.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Thanks for that quick call to clear up the shipping problem.

Random question are the Deadbolt BCG's a GZP brand? If so how do you feel a matchup of the NiB one would pair with a Rainier Arms Ultra Match barrel in .223 Wylde?

5db87aff5c0dba839bb1b8c904d596a9.jpg

The Dead Bolt is my design and is a GZP exclusive brand. The Nib coating is done by Fail Zero. I absolutely think it would pair well with the Rainier barrel.

Top Bottom