20070219596_0220ce8e25_o.gif

4271241295_c5927f9ea9_z.jpg

22769645106_a90e590329_z.jpg
    Military Camp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've had chickens as pets. They actually are pretty good pets. I had a small rooster. All black and named Jake. He'd eat fruit loops and chill out under the end table when it was hot outside.

He'd crow in my arms. I'd wiggle his neck and mess his song up. Cah a gargggle, gargle.

He'd just sit under the table. Not paying mind to nothing but the cool air. I miss the little guy. He was my little buddy.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    How is it having a duck as a pet?
    Its great until they shit on you. The ducks live outside but I have a couple that will want to follow me inside every once in awhile. I guess since I coddle them when they are little they think my lap is a good place for a nap :laughing:

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I adopted a kitten a little more than four years ago when I first moved to my new home. He was sheltering under the trailer, scared to death, skin and bones. I fed and watered him then soon took him to be fully vetted and fixed. I asked the vet to find him a good home... they laughed and told me there are far too many stray cats here for anyone to want him. So... I'm stuck with him. At first, I didn't understand cats because I've always owned dogs so we got off to a bit of a rocky start. Now we tolerate each other well and even like each other in extreme moderation.

I do terribly miss my beloved pug that died a couple years ago. That little dog had the biggest heart of any living creature I've ever known, humans or animals included. He was quite literally the best friend I ever had. I still tear-up when I think about him.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Great pictures! You can see the love these guys have for their families!

I never understood how someone could abuse an animal. I knew nothing about dogs when I got Jake. The only other dog that I had was a yard dog who never really interacted with anyone. Jake was a new beginning. We are constant companions almost 24/7. We communicate constantly and he watches over and protects, me. I got a major blessing when Jake came into my life!

I saw a "Criminal Minds" episode yesterday where a BG was sneaking up on a victim as she slept. It would never happen here. Jake would be all over the guy and raising Hell as he did that! He's very quiet until someone comes near the house, then he cuts loose.

I can't load pictures but there are two images of Jake in my gallery that I've posted before. Apologies for the repetition, but he deserves recognition.

Flash

Attachments

• JAKE  15  4-6-2012.jpg
      JAKE 15 4-6-2012.jpg
      49.7 KB · Views: 296
    • JAKE   1  1-26-2013.jpg
      JAKE 1 1-26-2013.jpg
      68.5 KB · Views: 318
    Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Great pictures! You can see the love these guys have for their families!

I never understood how someone could abuse an animal. I knew nothing about dogs when I got Jake. The only other dog that I had was a yard dog who never really interacted with anyone. Jake was a new beginning. We are constant companions almost 24/7. We communicate constantly and he watches over and protects, me.

I saw a "Criminal Minds" episode yesterday where a BG was sneaking up on a victim as she slept. It would never happen here. Jake would be all over the guy and raising Hell as he did that! He's very quiet until someone comes near the house, then he cuts loose.

I can't load pictures but there are two images of Jake in my gallery that I've posted before. Apologies for the repetition, be he deserves recognition.

Flash

Agreed!
    My 4 month old Malinois alerted us in our sleep when my GFs ex-husband broke in to our garage.
    The bedroom is on the opposite end of the house from the garage.
    The pup was asleep next to me in the bed.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I see those scenes of hapless victims being stalked in their own homes on TV shows a lot. If they don't want to own a gun for self protection, at least have a dog to warn you of a BG being present! Jake is a terrific watch dog who seldom gives false alerts. He would never bite or attack but he will alert me to any crap that's going on. I am the bad dog in this home.

Flash

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    My dog thinks up new fun stuff for us most every day.

Best so far is her version of hide-and-seek. She will go get a dog toy or take a treat from me then she goes and hides it under a couch pillow or somewhere in her bed. Then she immediately starts howling and carrying on wanting me to come search for it. Of course I make a big deal out of trying to find it and that makes her fuss even louder. Once found and given back to her she's quiet and happy for 10 minutes until the next fun thought comes to mind.

She loves to have extended, more civil, conversations as well. A large variety of whines, growls, barks, some are ear damaging when she's really excited.

She can run through the house at break neck speed, under, over, and around furniture without crashing.

Born for fun.

BLD_0007.jpg

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Here's Lucky!
    FB_IMG_1458231107527_zpsjkckpgps.jpg

Picked her up at a Shell station in Leon Springs in 2003. She was being beaten by some fucker that worked there. I called her over and she jumped right in the car. 14 years later and she is still playful as ever! She hates it when she has wear stupid things though.
    FB_IMG_1458231055781_zps1um3olgl.jpg

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I was eating breakfast at one of our local McD's. There was a pickup truck in the lot and I saw the driver open the drivers door and put a nice little dog outside. I knew immediately what that A hole had done. A man walked by inside where I was and he asked me about the dog. I told him that I just saw a driver boot the dog out of a truck.

That guy went outside, got the dog to get inside his truck and drove off with him! That lucky dog was homeless for all of 2-3 minutes!

Flash

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    We moved from Las Vegas to Idaho and did NOT leave any of our pets behind. We loaded up 2 large travel carriers with the cats Junior Kitty, Captain Howdy,Damien, Blackie Cat, and Max. They rode in the back of the SUV Hubby rented for the drive.Bruce the Betta fish was in his plastic water cup and rode in a cup holder in the console between the front seats. Our dog Selene rode in the seats behind the front seats. Since we've been here,Junior Kitty (who was 19 years old) had kidney failure and had to be euthanized. Captain Howdy had a disease in his bladder and He had to euthanized about a month after Junior Kitty. He was 8 years old. We lost our dog Selene to cancer. She got a tumor and we took her to the Vet and had it removed. It grew right back in the same spot and she died about 2 months later.She was about 12 years old.We still have Max, Blackie Cat and Damien. We've adopted 2 red tabby cats ,both were adopted as kittens from the animal shelter. They are named Kitty Dude and Sam. I also adopted another Betta fish from a neighbor whose kids had gotten bored with it it. I named him Blue Lou(after the saxophone player from the "Blues Brothers"movie ) he is a blue color. We just drove up to Nampa in Idaho and adopted a dog over the weekend. He was an "owner surrender" that had been taken to a Saint Bernard Rescue in Boise.He is a Great Dane and Saint Bernard mix that weighs 130 pounds. He is 3 years old. His name is Magnus. I'll ask Hubby to post a few pics of our pets after he gets home from work from his computer.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom