• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Day 1 in the Permian basin.
    Big Oil company man was nice enough, or desperate enough, to allow Mocha to accompany me. She wasn't too keen on getting up before the sun. But I wasn't either.
    We covered a lot of ground. Stirred up a ton of dust. She made new friends, as did I.
    It's amusing how she zigzags across a wide swath fresh out of the truck. On the walk back she acts like she's tied to an anchor.
    Anyway, we're both dog tired.
    Maybe tomorrow will be a little easier for her.
    20201116_201640.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    This youngster wandered into the neighborhood 4 nights ago. No collar, cold, wet from the rain. No one on the local interwebs has yet to claim him. There's only about 30 houses in the neighborhood and he doesn't belong to any of them. This weekend we'll check to see if he's chipped and also stroll by the surrounding cattle ranches to see if they lost their boy. But for some long nails, he's relatively well fed, has a nice coat (no calluses or indications he sleeps outside or on hard surfaces). He's definitely been given some basic training (sit, lay, comes to a whistle, sits near the door when he needs to do his business). He immedistely got along with our two chihuahuas just fine. We will be happy for him to stay part of our family if we can't locate the owners. Until that time, we call him Raylan.
    d2e2d7320e108b0c600d7aa2e0484f7a.jpg

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    Found out this guy is chipped... Been a week since we reached our to the registrant... no response; heightening our suspicion he was abandoned. Found out his name is Gator (unique name, in my experience). Frankly, we're glad the registrant hasn't reached out. If the kill shelters in TX consider dogs eligible for euthanasia after 3 days unclaimed, I'm considering Gator now officially a member of our family after he's been here for 12 days.

Here's Gator midway through today's walk...
    7c77aa51676c036be6471824634fe7ad.jpg

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Found out this guy is chipped... Been a week since we reached our to the registrant... no response; heightening our suspicion he was abandoned. Found out his name is Gator (unique name, in my experience). Frankly, we're glad the registrant hasn't reached out. If the kill shelters in TX consider dogs eligible for euthanasia after 3 days unclaimed, I'm considering Gator now officially a member of our family after he's been here for 12 days.

Here's Gator midway through today's walk...
    7c77aa51676c036be6471824634fe7ad.jpg

If the registered owners show up, I wouldn’t give him to them unless they had one heckuva good excuse.

We had a Chow puppy that showed up years ago. I put a sign in the yard. A few days later while I was out watering the yard, an old clunker car pulls up with about 6 people in it. They were sitting there looking at my sign.

I hate to judge people by their looks, but they looked like a family that would chain a dog to a tree. So, while they were looking at the sign, I walked out there, grabbed the sign and tore it up. I walked inside and told my wife “He’s OUR dog now.”

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom