• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    Mine insists on being involved in everything I do. You can see the water dish and feeder in the background, and just beyond that a small "baby bed" as my wife calls them, both at the desk in the workshop as well as my office desk.

Cat on the laptop.jpg

Short history: while I've always been an animal lover, I preferred dogs over cats. Dogs just seemed more useful and personable. One Thanksgiving, we were visiting my in-laws in East Texas where they have a small chunk of land with the typical farm-cats living under the house. One particularly stormy night, this little guy is climbing the screen door as we're watching TV. Wife does the "aww poor baby" routine trying to rescue him while FIL tries to explain they're not going to let you touch them. She opens the door and he runs in, hiding behind the couch. It's warm in dry in here but there are hoomans so...

Anyway, a few minutes of me trying to watch TV while the wife is trying to coax this thing from behind the couch is filled with the occasional "no you're not bringing him home with us!" from me. She set him in my lap and despite my efforts at denying everything, he clearly chose his human.

He'll let her pick him up and hold him, but at 5:00 every day he knows I'm getting off work at some point and starts the crying at either the back door or garage because he knows he gets to hang out with me.

Oh, and personality? Yeah, I no longer have that misconception that cats don't have one. Spoiled? Yes. Selfish? Yep, absolutely. But I've never seen a cat that comes when I call him, understand what "no" means and where his boundaries are, and will "talk back" to me when he's not getting his way!

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Scg, something doesn't look right, has PricewaterhouseCoopers certified those numbers?

Cute pup.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Results from a DNA test. Vet estimates she will be between 30 and 120 lbs because of her make up. So, extra large chihuahua size or small donkey. :laughing: Seeing as she is 17 weeks this Thursday and already 30 lbs, I am leaning towards 75-100 lbs.

Scg, something doesn't look right, has PricewaterhouseCoopers certified those numbers?

Cute pup.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Results from a DNA test. Vet estimates she will be between 30 and 120 lbs because of her make up. So, extra large chihuahua size or small donkey. :laughing: Seeing as she is 17 weeks this Thursday and already 30 lbs, I am leaning towards 75-100 lbs.

Large or small, she is going to be a good looking dog. I suspect probably pretty spoiled as well!

Top Bottom