• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    This is Otto, he is a Standard Schnauzer. We have never had a schnauzer that liked water, but this little fellow climbed into my wife’s foot bath for her twisted ankle. Fortunately, we had not added ice yet.

IMG_4884.jpeg
    IMG_4878.jpeg
    IMG_4876.jpeg
    Hurley's Gold

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    We have never seen black standard schnauzers for sale before. This was a pleasant surprise as we have a black miniature schnauzer (Gunther). I will say this much, Gunther is not pleased with the new addition yet lol.
    Did Otto's parents stay black? Our first min schnauzer was black when we got him and turned into tuxedo; Shiny was black too - and after 2yrs looked like your Scooter. :)

Last edited:

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Otto’s parents were on site, although they were both just over a year old they were both jet black. To be honest, it won’t matter if Otto changes colors or not, to us. He might even enjoy Texas a little more if he was a salt and pepper instead of jet black lol.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Bait has a habit of chasing grasshoppers. The big ones. Until they stop hopping. Then she will pick them up in her mouth and carry them around and let them rest. Then put them down and nudge them to get them to jump again. If they don't, she just leaves them. She just wants to play with them.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    f57ffb15dcc8a70b88b713a015fc6439.jpg

Here’s one of mine

He’s a rescue and was heart worm positive and skin and bones when we got him.

e694002785f495c0d8560484a8423f1c.jpg

This was his adoption pic from the rescue and he weighed 115lbs. Being Heart worm positive and some of the other issues he had with skin tags hanging off his belly that were the size of ball sacks not many people were interested in him.

We adopted him and got him all fixed up.

f631ed25724b7052b9c645d87b371be0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    bd37b231294ba1345e47837a40caefe8.jpg

Here’s my other rescue that likes to eat drywall and has separation anxiety.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Good looking dogs there.
    A dog's greatest fear,,,that when you leave them, you won't return.
    If I leave Bait, even for 15 minutes at the vet, she pouts. Sometimes for a day or two. Then gets really, really clingy. Bait was tested heartworm positive about 18 months old. After several years of Heartguard, she has been heartworm free for the past 3 years. But does have a slight murmer.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Love the Great Dane. Best dog I ever had was the Dane I had in high school. She was sort of a rescue.
    I had care of a beautiful Harlequin male 2yr old Dane for a very short time; it's pos owner kept it 24/7 in a 6x8 kennel inside the garage. When I took Pirate out, he could barely walk; took him to mom's fenced backyard, before the day was over he knew how to run. I went and walked him daily until the owner relinquished, I never knew how Pirate ended up, but anything would have been better than where he was. Lord forgive me, but I really despise some people.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Bait has a habit of chasing grasshoppers. The big ones. Until they stop hopping. Then she will pick them up in her mouth and carry them around and let them rest. Then put them down and nudge them to get them to jump again. If they don't, she just leaves them. She just wants to play with them.

Gunther has a thing for toads. He loves playing with them in the yard. Does not eat them of course, but paws at them to get them to hop for his entertainment. If they happen to jump into the pool to get away from him he will circle the pool and pull them out with his mouth. We call it bobbing for totes. It is funny as all get out.

I actually got a video of him pulling them out, but I’m not sure how to post a video from my phone to TGT.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I had care of a beautiful Harlequin male 2yr old Dane for a very short time; it's pos owner kept it 24/7 in a 6x8 kennel inside the garage. When I took Pirate out, he could barely walk; took him to mom's fenced backyard, before the day was over he knew how to run. I went and walked him daily until the owner relinquished, I never knew how Pirate ended up, but anything would have been better than where he was. Lord forgive me, but I really despise some people.
    We had a rescue schnauzer named Gus, he was a breeder dogs that the breeders were done with, so they were trying to get rid of him. We are assuming he spent his entire life in a concrete pan because when we got him he was eight years old and had never been on grass before. I had to take him out in the backyard on a leash when we first got him just to introduce him to grass. Very sad. He ended up having a wonderful life with us and was my wife’s personal guard dog.
    He never did trust any men other than me so we’re guessing that he had a male owner or keeper.
    One of the other quirks he had was, he didn’t like black people lol. When we were driving in the car, if he saw a black person he would loudly bark at them. Apparently he was a bit of a racist lol.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I think you may be on to something. She’s waging her tail the whole time.

That was in reply to Jimmy.

Last edited:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    We had a rescue schnauzer named Gus, he was a breeder dogs that the breeders were done with, so they were trying to get rid of him. We are assuming he spent his entire life in a concrete pan because when we got him he was eight years old and had never been on grass before. I had to take him out in the backyard on a leash when we first got him just to introduce him to grass. Very sad. He ended up having a wonderful life with us and was my wife’s personal guard dog.
    He never did trust any men other than me so we’re guessing that he had a male owner or keeper.
    One of the other quirks he had was, he didn’t like black people lol. When we were driving in the car, if he saw a black person he would loudly bark at them. Apparently he was a bit of a racist lol.
    Two things I'm reminded of, our Chelsie had been walked on a leash most of her life. We lived in a condo, after we moved to a house with a nice backyard she could finally walk around without a leash. At first she didn't want to go out by herself, then she caught on and give a little woof at the back door. Second was our Chihuahua I'd take her to the mailbox at the condo in my arm. She did bark at dark skinned people.

Top Bottom