• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Laying on the couch just wasn’t quite enough.

This dog is too smart. Did I mention she brings me her leash?
    656D8620-9338-4846-8FF7-ECE4F0A12E12.jpeg
    DK Firearms

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm gullible / retarded / a push over for dogs, especially hard luck cases I guess.

3YQQBCx.jpg

A little over a week ago at work, this damn dog runs into the ER, at first my supervisor and I thought it was a patient's dog - but it had no collar, no vest, no leash, and no one was trying to claim it or control it. Obviously a pup still. Very friendly, but also very persistent.

It was almost comical how over half of the people in there recoiled so bad it looked like Moses was parting the Red Sea. I'll leave it up to your imaginations as to why - but it wasn't because the dog was aggressive.

So the hospital maintenance folk weren't terribly helpful, I mean, they tried. We called and asked them to bring rope. Explained why we needed it. All they had was shitty nylon twine and about 18 inches of decently thick cotton rope.

I made a collar from the thick rope and a lead from the twine. Got it tied up to a tree so it wouldn't bother patients or be a pest. Got him some water. Called animal control, I guess unless its a vicious dog - Harris County isn't interested. I wasn't going to let him bite someone because that'd be dumb. He wasn't real interested in biting (chewing yes, because he's a pup, but not biting)

So my brain says this dog needed help. My supe isn't a dog person, but she doesn't hate dogs, just seems inclined against them. Dog couldn't remain tied up, but couldnt' be cut loose - it'd either wind up hit by a Metro bus, or it *could* bite someone (even playfully, the folks in that hood would scream bloody murder and the dog would've been put down no doubt) and it no doubt would've just kept running into the ER.

So I got permission to bring him home. So I lead his ass to the van, drove home real quick, called the wife on the way and told her to prep a kennel and get some food / water ready. Dude is not a fan of being nudged into the kennel - he actually growled, but once in, he's fine.

Gave him food, water, and dewormer. Also took the opportunity to give all the other dogs a round of dewormer for good measure.

He's got some personality quirks but he's loved up to my son real quick, and *most* of our 5 other dogs warmed up to him - my big shep mix girl is still stand offish, but she'll come around. My other boy dog warmed up real quick.

The worst thing about rescuing this turd - it happend to be when one of my girls was going into heat, and this little fucker is in tact, unlike our older boy. That's caused us to pen one up when the other is out, so they don't make spazzy, beautiful, but retarded babies.

At first I was thinking he might be lab / shep mix - but quickly realized no, that's not right. Possible he's a lab / pit mix, or lab boxer? I dunno. We're still monitoring him, as I said, some behavior quirks - but I don't know how long he was a street dog, but he's also still obviously a pup. He got into a fight with our other boy yesterday - happened to be sitting on my son's lap when it happened, which caused my son to freak out a bit (a little PTSD from his bite last year, I understand) - ultimately though, new dog wound up on the bottom, with our older boy dog on top, new dog on his back in a submissive position. He's still learning his place here, is my guess, and testing boundaries.

He's probably a permanent fixture, but I'd also be up to passing him along to someone in need of a dog and just fostering this guy.

Tonight we found out he does NOT like gunfire though - not surprising, especially for a hood dog used to hearing gunfire regularly. He tried pushing through my office door when a neighbor let off some celebratory gunfire after dinner. He was looking for a place to hide. He ultimately decided snuggling my son on the couch was good enough.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Heard at my house just now.

Our Cockatoo Munchkin

"Memaw"

"Are you hungry?"
    "Yeah"
    "Do you want some lunch?"
    "Yeah"
    "What do you want?" my wife starts listing options. On the third option, hot cereal with banana
    "Yeah"
    My wife gets up.
    "Pick me up"

They go into the kitchen and make lunch. Munchkin eats it out of a spoon while sitting on my wife's knee.

After he finishes.

"WeeWa"
    "Do you want a drink"
    "Yeah"

Off they go to get a drink. Munchkin has us trained that he can ONLY drink hot water from HIS glasses. We have a set of those colored aluminum tumblers that belong to him. He doesn't drink by putting his head in the glass and drinking like a bird. He drinks from the edge of the glass like a human. Of course, this means he needs to drink over a sink.

Munchkin is not a bird. He's a little people in a feather suit. He rarely flies. He prefers to get down on the floor and run around.
    He spends a large portion of the day on me, a total daddies boy, he lets me know when he has to poop and I hold him over his spot. Other than that, he prefers to poop in the toilet, or the trash can.

I really love the little guy.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I'm gullible / retarded / a push over for dogs, especially hard luck cases I guess.

3YQQBCx.jpg

A little over a week ago at work, this damn dog runs into the ER, at first my supervisor and I thought it was a patient's dog - but it had no collar, no vest, no leash, and no one was trying to claim it or control it. Obviously a pup still. Very friendly, but also very persistent.

It was almost comical how over half of the people in there recoiled so bad it looked like Moses was parting the Red Sea. I'll leave it up to your imaginations as to why - but it wasn't because the dog was aggressive.

So the hospital maintenance folk weren't terribly helpful, I mean, they tried. We called and asked them to bring rope. Explained why we needed it. All they had was shitty nylon twine and about 18 inches of decently thick cotton rope.

I made a collar from the thick rope and a lead from the twine. Got it tied up to a tree so it wouldn't bother patients or be a pest. Got him some water. Called animal control, I guess unless its a vicious dog - Harris County isn't interested. I wasn't going to let him bite someone because that'd be dumb. He wasn't real interested in biting (chewing yes, because he's a pup, but not biting)

So my brain says this dog needed help. My supe isn't a dog person, but she doesn't hate dogs, just seems inclined against them. Dog couldn't remain tied up, but couldnt' be cut loose - it'd either wind up hit by a Metro bus, or it *could* bite someone (even playfully, the folks in that hood would scream bloody murder and the dog would've been put down no doubt) and it no doubt would've just kept running into the ER.

So I got permission to bring him home. So I lead his ass to the van, drove home real quick, called the wife on the way and told her to prep a kennel and get some food / water ready. Dude is not a fan of being nudged into the kennel - he actually growled, but once in, he's fine.

Gave him food, water, and dewormer. Also took the opportunity to give all the other dogs a round of dewormer for good measure.

He's got some personality quirks but he's loved up to my son real quick, and *most* of our 5 other dogs warmed up to him - my big shep mix girl is still stand offish, but she'll come around. My other boy dog warmed up real quick.

The worst thing about rescuing this turd - it happend to be when one of my girls was going into heat, and this little fucker is in tact, unlike our older boy. That's caused us to pen one up when the other is out, so they don't make spazzy, beautiful, but retarded babies.

At first I was thinking he might be lab / shep mix - but quickly realized no, that's not right. Possible he's a lab / pit mix, or lab boxer? I dunno. We're still monitoring him, as I said, some behavior quirks - but I don't know how long he was a street dog, but he's also still obviously a pup. He got into a fight with our other boy yesterday - happened to be sitting on my son's lap when it happened, which caused my son to freak out a bit (a little PTSD from his bite last year, I understand) - ultimately though, new dog wound up on the bottom, with our older boy dog on top, new dog on his back in a submissive position. He's still learning his place here, is my guess, and testing boundaries.

He's probably a permanent fixture, but I'd also be up to passing him along to someone in need of a dog and just fostering this guy.

Tonight we found out he does NOT like gunfire though - not surprising, especially for a hood dog used to hearing gunfire regularly. He tried pushing through my office door when a neighbor let off some celebratory gunfire after dinner. He was looking for a place to hide. He ultimately decided snuggling my son on the couch was good enough.
    You did good.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Well crud. I just became a new father.
    Meet fur child #3
    View attachment 396273
    Supposedly part dobie, GSD, and lab.
    Little guy is just bones. We’ll get him to vet and back to health.
    Ragged little fellow right now.

The descent into puppy parenthood continues the spiral downwards into its inevitable conclusion of costing WAY more than the forty bucks the dog cost.
    Just returned from Petco.
    Momma just had to go get new puppy things for the newest fur child.
    All he really needed was a name tag.
    What did he get?
    $200+ out of my pocket!
    The little heathen now has: new collar, name tag, chew toys, food bowl, walking harness, leash, treats.
    Good Lawd!
    The vet visit is gonna kill me.

Top Bottom