• ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Otto, Lucas and Gunther, this morning at 0700

Otto is in mid hop, so it almost looks like he’s standing on top of the water lol.

IMG_5065.jpeg

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I had to let my old girl go last week. She was 13 and couldn't walk anymore. I dreamed her snuffling thru a grassy meadow Sunday, young an sleek again...
    Sorry for your loss. I lost my 12 year old greyhound two weeks ago. It's been a shock to the younger hound, moving to a new environment and losing his buddy.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    2 close together has to really suck.
    I never realized how much until my second-to-last cat died. His brother completely gave up and died ~3 weeks later. There were no pre-existing conditions and the vet couldn't give me a physical diagnosis. Poor fella just decided to stop living.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I never realized how much until my second-to-last cat died. His brother completely gave up and died ~3 weeks later. There were no pre-existing conditions and the vet couldn't give me a physical diagnosis. Poor fella just decided to stop living.

Had the same thing happen 14 years ago with our 2 dogs. We just bought a smaller house because the wife and I didn't need 2,200 for the 2 of us. Shelby, our miniature Schnauzer, at 15 years old, had been, not sick, just old and tired and just gave up laying in the wife's lap. Since we were moving the next week and didn't want to bury her in the back yard, so I bought 2 plots at the pet cemetery.(Shelby had pups and we kept the runt.) I was traveling a lot a this time and about 7 weeks after we moved and I was in Baltimore building a day care center, I got a call from the wife and Tink, at 7 years old, had passed. Like @benenglish there was nothing wrong with Tink and we think she missed her mother so much she just decided to leave us to be with her mother. Both of them are buried next to each other at the pet cemetery, which is close to us and we visit every chance we get.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

Saw this with a friends dog.
    Belle was a beautiful chocolate lab. She belonged to Dan. Dan and that dog did everything together. If there was one the other one wasn't far away.
    My wife used to laugh that Belle was this guys wife. Haha.
    Anyways, Dan got a job offer overseas. He couldn't pass it up. He also couldn't take the dog. He would be gone at least two years.
    So he made arrangements with another mutual friend to re-home Belle.
    The day came and Belle and Dan parted ways.
    After a few weeks Belle became despondent. She seemed to know Dan wasn't ever coming back. She just gave up on life. Her new owner tried, really tried, to get her back up and engaged in life. Belle just wouldn't have it.
    Even the vet said there was nothing wrong.
    She refused to eat. After a couple of weeks she died. Just gave up and died.
    She was only about 5yrs old.
    One of the saddest things I've seen.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    They grieve like we do. After my wife's passing I regularly found my dog in our closet with her nose in one of my wife's shoes.

She was her dog. It took her a while to come around. But I started letting her sleep in our bed, and she always found her way to my wife's pillow. A couple of times I mixed them up when I made the bed, and she would end up trying to lay on the pillow I was using.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Saw this with a friends dog.
    Belle was a beautiful chocolate lab. She belonged to Dan. Dan and that dog did everything together. If there was one the other one wasn't far away.
    My wife used to laugh that Belle was this guys wife. Haha.
    Anyways, Dan got a job offer overseas. He couldn't pass it up. He also couldn't take the dog. He would be gone at least two years.
    So he made arrangements with another mutual friend to re-home Belle.
    The day came and Belle and Dan parted ways.
    After a few weeks Belle became despondent. She seemed to know Dan wasn't ever coming back. She just gave up on life. Her new owner tried, really tried, to get her back up and engaged in life. Belle just wouldn't have it.
    Even the vet said there was nothing wrong.
    She refused to eat. After a couple of weeks she died. Just gave up and died.
    She was only about 5yrs old.
    One of the saddest things I've seen.

Yes, very sad.

Same thing happened to our Great Dane when my father died.

Vet said he died of s broken heart.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    20230722_171622.jpg

This is Lady.
    She came to stay with us while her owner was in the hospital.
    He moved to hospice yesterday.
    We'll take her to see him this afternoon, before he's unable to say goodbye properly.
    Her and Mocha get along great and play till they fall asleep.
    She's adjusted pretty quickly because we've kept her before while her owner was in the hospital and rehab.
    I guess she's ours now.

Top Bottom