• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    View attachment 398133

This is Lady.
    She came to stay with us while her owner was in the hospital.
    He moved to hospice yesterday.
    We'll take her to see him this afternoon, before he's unable to say goodbye properly.
    Her and Mocha get along great and play till they fall asleep.
    She's adjusted pretty quickly because we've kept her before while her owner was in the hospital and rehab.
    I guess she's ours now.
    I'll put this here, because it just fits better than anywhere else.
    We took lady to see Mac today. He was asleep but knew we were coming and instructed us to wake him no matter what.
    We got him woke up and coherent.
    I asked if he wanted Lady. He just reached out with both arms. I sat her on his chest and he wrapped her up. She was licking his face and her tail was a blur. He's very weak. Cancer in every organ and abdominal fluid. Not many days left that he will recognize.
    Anyway, we'll be back tomorrow or Sunday, or both. Mac has no family. Never married.
    One thing Mac loved was dogs.
    The highlight of his day was walking Lady down to our house and getting all the dogs in the cul-de-sac out to play.
    "Dog party" he called it. Then he would hand out treats to all in attendance.
    20230311_172408.jpg

ETA. He asked last year if we would adopt Lady if something happened to him. Of course we agreed.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    We took lady to see Mac today. He was asleep but knew we were coming and instructed us to wake him no matter what.
    I asked if he wanted Lady. He just reached out with both arms. I sat her on his chest and he wrapped her up. She was licking his face and her tail was a blur. He's very weak. Cancer in every organ and abdominal fluid. Not many days left that he will recognize.
    Anyway, we'll be back tomorrow or Sunday, or both. Mac has no family. Never married.
    The highlight of his day was walking Lady down to our house and getting all the dogs in the cul-de-sac out to play.
    "Dog party" he called it. Then he would hand out treats to all in attendance. View attachment 398198

ETA. He asked last year if we would adopt Lady if something happened to him. Of course we agreed.
    Bless you for doing that, and thank you so much for posting this.
    "He wrapped her up."
    Hearing about the love given to and received from dogs gets me through many hard moments. Our 4-legged kids are nothing but love wrapped in fur.
    My God we are lucky to have them in our lives.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    "Dog party" he called it. Then he would hand out treats to all in attendance. View attachment 398198

i'm glad she will have a home sad news about your friend.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I never realized how much until my second-to-last cat died. His brother completely gave up and died ~3 weeks later. There were no pre-existing conditions and the vet couldn't give me a physical diagnosis. Poor fella just decided to stop living.
    I have seen that. And it sucks.
    I watched a documentary on African Wild Dogs. When one was captured and kept alone, especially alphas, they would invariably die in a short period of time. They finally discovered that they all had heart problems and scarring from emotional shock. Basically, heart break and loneliness. Now they don't keep any unles they catch several from the same pack at once for emotional support. No more dead dogs and they can use them to repopulate other areas.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yesterday when I let Renfield out I noticed he was preoccupied with something & didn't want to come in. It was probably 103 outside at the time, and he has become an Air Conditioned Gypsy. That's when I notice the Mockingbirds dive bombing him. Simply enough a fledgling Mockingbird must be on the ground. He seemed like he wasn't going to leave its side almost trying to protect it. When I finally got him to come in he had followed it 10-12 feet from where I first seen him with it.

I know he was hot because he drank then came and laid down panting like mad. It wasn't long & he took a good long nap. First thing he did when he woking up was beg to go outside. I'm sure he needed to pee with all the water he drank. He then went about looking for the fledgling. I should go out & see it its outside & see what I can see. Both parents were on the fence then started harassing him while he dropped land mines.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I hate to be pissy on a generally wonderful thread but I need to vent.

An old friend of my sister just sent multiple photos of her and her dog at the vet, as the animal was being euthanized, and immediately thereafter.

This is ghoulish shit that hit my sister hard enough to start a flood of tears and even spark some angina.

I've got all the tenderness in the world in my heart for someone who loses a four-legged family member but right now I want to reach through the Messenger app and strangle that woman.

As they say on Reddit, am I being an asshole about this?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I hate to be pissy on a generally wonderful thread but I need to vent.

An old friend of my sister just sent multiple photos of her and her dog at the vet, as the animal was being euthanized, and immediately thereafter.

This is ghoulish shit that hit my sister hard enough to start a flood of tears and even spark some angina.

I've got all the tenderness in the world in my heart for someone who loses a four-legged family member but right now I want to reach through the Messenger app and strangle that woman.

As they say on Reddit, am I being an asshole about this?
    Yeah that's really messed up.

Top Bottom