• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I hate to be pissy on a generally wonderful thread but I need to vent.

An old friend of my sister just sent multiple photos of her and her dog at the vet, as the animal was being euthanized, and immediately thereafter.

This is ghoulish shit that hit my sister hard enough to start a flood of tears and even spark some angina.

I've got all the tenderness in the world in my heart for someone who loses a four-legged family member but right now I want to reach through the Messenger app and strangle that woman.

As they say on Reddit, am I being an asshole about this?
    not an asshole in the leastsome people are just inconsiderate pricks and considering your sister poor health in pretty poor taste as well prayers for your sister ben!

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill

An old friend of my sister just sent multiple photos of her and her dog at the vet, as the animal was being euthanized, and immediately thereafter.

This is ghoulish shit that hit my sister hard enough to start a flood of tears and even spark some angina.

I've got all the tenderness in the world in my heart for someone who loses a four-legged family member but right now I want to reach through the Messenger app and strangle that woman.

NO! You aren't.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

No. That is beyond inappropriate.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Not at all. Doggo deserves a dignified passing just like a good person would.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Our latest rescue - Jasper - the goofball pitty mix I posted a while back has decided his absolute favorite human is my wife. His personality is coming out more as he's grown more comfortable with us. The other day, I smoked some pork tenderloins and grilled some chicken legs on the BBQ pit my grandparents gave us. Put the dogs on the porch to play while we had dinner, but my son let them in while mama and I were still finishing up.

Now, Jasper is kind of an uncoordinated goofy shit most of the time - but this dog, as soon as the door opened, became a pork seeking furry cruise missile. He made it in the house, and from a distance of about six or seven feet launched himself up onto the dinner table flying over my wife's plate. She has a nice cloth on the table, so homeboy slid for a bit before Scooby-Doo'ing his ass around and trying to get the last scrap of food off her plate (he failed) - he's never even tried getting on the table before that point. I guess the dog thought my pork was good.

He's also started bolting into our bedroom any time I open my office door - as the turd has figured out how to open doors. We're thinking at this point he may actually be half pit, half GSD - the pix my wife found by googling look a looooooot like him, and the crazy intelligence seems to track with shepard dogs. He will bust into our bedroom like he's got a damn warrant, then bounce up on the bed to demand snuggles from mom before flopping onto his back and demanding belly rubs. Mom's naturally fallen in love with the turd. Our son is his 2nd favorite human at this point now, and I'm in a distant third in his eyes. Which is fine, because the other 5 dogs would probably say I'm their favorite human.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown

No, you are not being an asshole. A pets passing should not be put on display for the public view.

That is the one day in my pets life, I don’t want to remember.

ETA
    My comments are in reference to videoing or taking pictures of the euthanasia and posting them on social media.

If you announce your pet has passed and put a Memorial photo, that’s a whole different ball game of course.

Last edited:

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Come on guys let's get some happy pics going again. Here is a rescue we have, she followed me while riding my bicycle. She had a skin condition which we took her to the vet and got fixed up. All her shots and got her fixed. Later on she needed knee surgery which cost a few thousand dollars, at that time she was part of the family.
    IMG_20230629_135540560.jpg

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    My wife will rescue anything, she picked this one up in the backyard. She put it in a cage and fattened it up with cat food, then was going to release it in the park but it escaped the night before.
    View attachment 399344

That is a rather unusual looking kitty.
    Is it some new designer breed?

Top Bottom