• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Dang that dog got big.
    FB_IMG_1675732298569.jpg

FB_IMG_1675732343211.jpg

One year old this month.
    Guns International

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Miniature Schnauzer - and before the aging gray came she looked just like your avatar. :)

My avatar is Scooter, he passed right before we moved here. He did get to make a couple trips down here in the moving van, bringing stuff down. He is still missed

I knew you and @TxPython357 were class acts and the choice of pup proves it!

;)

This one is Gunther
    3BDB1F7B-9F44-41FF-95B1-B19EFC1DD56D.jpeg

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Next door neighbor up here at the lake just lost their Schnauzer this morning - heart attack at 14.

Todd came out every morning and barked good morning, tail wagging in glee to see me.

Gonna miss you old buddy ...
    This may sound wretched, but I hope that's the way Shiny goes too: on her own, in her own time. She's rapidly declining, but as long as she isn't in any pain - she can go as sideways as she wants; lol I wobble sideways too... and with luck, one day she'll just wake up dead. With luck, me too - but not anytime soon, for either of us, mind you. Just sayin. :)

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    My avatar is Scooter, he passed right before we moved here. He did get to make a couple trips down here in the moving van, bringing stuff down. He is still missed

I knew you and @TxPython357 were class acts and the choice of pup proves it!

;)

This one is Gunther
    View attachment 371267
    Gunther is gorgeous!!! How old is he? Dang, I wish we were closer so they could play. On the mountain, Shiny had 2 big dogs & 6 cats for company. Here, just squirrels to chase. I know she's lonely, and we've talked about getting another dog... maybe now that we've settled in a bit, it's time. Not sure if doing so would keep her younger/active - or if it would stress her out too much. As a schnauz-parent - what's your thoughts?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    This may sound wretched, but I hope that's the way Shiny goes too: on her own, in her own time. She's rapidly declining, but as long as she isn't in any pain - she can go as sideways as she wants; lol I wobble sideways too... and with luck, one day she'll just wake up dead. With luck, me too - but not anytime soon, for either of us, mind you. Just sayin. :)

We had a 16 year old Pomeranian that finally had to be put down. He got where he tried to get up to pee, but couldnt. So I took him to the doc. He was my wife's dog, and we pretty much hated each other. But danged if I didn't cry when they put him down. Had him 15 years.
    4E6DA084-FB5A-46A6-970D-F51657C8C62D.jpeg

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    We had a 16 year old Pomeranian that finally had to be put down. He got where he tried to get up to pee, but couldnt. So I took him to the doc. He was my wife's dog, and we pretty much hated each other. But danged if I didn't cry when they put him down. Had him 15 years.
    I'm so with you there. I've had her since a pup and Shiny is the last survivor of my previous life (before Texas) and I'll be gutted without her. And then another 4-legged will come into my life, and heal my pain; such seems to be the way, yes? Life with a dog in it is just so much better. :)

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Gunther is gorgeous!!! How old is he? Dang, I wish we were closer so they could play. On the mountain, Shiny had 2 big dogs & 6 cats for company. Here, just squirrels to chase. I know she's lonely, and we've talked about getting another dog... maybe now that we've settled in a bit, it's time. Not sure if doing so would keep her younger/active - or if it would stress her out too much. As a schnauz-parent - what's your thoughts?
    We got Gunther in 2014, he was a rescue from the Humane Society. We think he was around two years old when we got him so that would put him around 11 right now. He has never met a person or a lap he did not like. He used to love chasing squirrels when we were in Tennessee, but Since we moved to Texas, there are none.

I think dogs learn quicker when they have another dog in the house to learn from. Especially if Shiny has good behavior and other traits you would like a young pup to pick up on.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom