Texas Gun trader .com

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by gladi8r, Dec 16, 2008.

1. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
  2. kawi jm

kawi jm Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I never understand why people do that. Why take advantage? Essentially people are buying guns at retail and trying to flip them for a profit. If you want to sell guns for profit, get a FFL and invest some money/time into it. Don't gouge the market.

3. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Supply and demand will sort that nonsense out eventually.

4. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    1150 for a double star, okay, I can see it maybe.... but 1700 for a bushy? That guy is out of the box.....

5. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    What I don't get is how people can be passionate about their "rights" and "freedoms" yet complain about a free market system.

Basic economics is in play. Sellers won't sell for higher prices unless buyer will buy for higher prices. If buyers won't buy, prices will come down to where they will. Free market. Another "right" and "freedom". :patriot:

Exactly. That's what supply and demand are all about. A self correcting market, controlling itself.

6. jodevilgod1

jodevilgod1 New Member

Dec 9, 2008
    tx
    Some guy on their was selling a base model m1a with 500 rounds through it for 1700. When I told him MSRP NIB was 1350, I got a reply of "oh really, if thats the case then I buy two. Texas guntrader you can make prifit, youll see" English was a bit lacking I guess.

7. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    You're right on the money, JKT. For those that are complaining, what would you suggest be done about the "problem"? Do you not like a free market society, or do you want more government regulation/legislation?

Admittedly, I don't like seeing the escalating prices of weapons in times like this, but again, it's based on freedom.

8. kawi jm

kawi jm Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but with that said.....If your buying guns at retail with the intent to resell. Your breaking the law. They can charge all they want for thier AR's, AK's & M1A's. I've got what I want/need.

9. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    This thread wasnt a complaint i was just making a statement. Hopefully people will see this thread and not pay that amount for a rifle that is worth half of what there asking thats all. Im just trying to help people out.

10. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    That's where you're wrong. It's worth 100% of what someone will pay for it. If MSRP is $1200 and someone will pay $2400 for it, then it's worth $2400 in a free market. MSRP means nothing more than the manufacture feels, based on what they want to make and what they feel is a fair margin for a retailer if they sell at that price. They have almost no control over market conditions on the demand side.

Next summer it may be worth $600. A market dictates worth.