• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    Good day fellas. New to the Person to Person purchase. Is FTF transaction something only for out of state (Texas) purchases?

To answer your question, FTF transactions are just a good idea in general. Whether the individual is from out of state or not, FTF is preferable to any other kind of transaction. Scams aren't common on this forum (to my knowledge). However, they are on others. My rules for myself are: 1) Be patient. 2) If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is 3) Don't send anyone money before you inspect the product personally.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    When sending money to someone you don't know-the best way that I've found is through PayPal. PayPal is an AWESOME account to have set up. It's rediculous how user friendly it is. Also, they are VERY helpful when it comes to fraud cases like this. I've had a few problems in the past. Every single time, they refunded my money and went after the other guy. So while face to face is always best-if you just have to send money...PayPal is the way to go.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    When sending money to someone you don't know-the best way that I've found is through PayPal. PayPal is an AWESOME account to have set up. It's rediculous how user friendly it is. Also, they are VERY helpful when it comes to fraud cases like this. I've had a few problems in the past. Every single time, they refunded my money and went after the other guy. So while face to face is always best-if you just have to send money...PayPal is the way to go.

And what will PP tell you when you tell them the money you sent was for a firearm?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If you use PP to buy a gun, they'll freeze yer account immediately upon finding out. PP sux for other reasons as well, IMO. Bottom line - I do a LOT of Due Diligence, but have yet to be burned, perhaps because of the amount of double-checking that I do prior to sending $$$.

Ready.Fire.Aim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When sending money to someone you don't know-the best way that I've found is through PayPal. PayPal is an AWESOME account to have set up.

I strongly advice DO NOT USE PAYPAL for FIREARMS or related items such as flash hiders. See policy below.

-it violates their written policy.
    - they do monitor gun board sales and purchase notations for policy violation
    - they do catch violators. They will call both parties to gather facts.
    - if PayPal's representative decides you violated the policy, they freeze all money in the accounts and will try to impose a penalty. It will happen within one day.

This is based upon first hand experience in which a seller of an inexpensive firearm related item insisted I pay with PayPal. Since the item being sold was not specifically listed as being forbidden, it was legal to own in both states, initial legal action communications resulted in unfreezing the money in his account. He no longer uses PayPal, only accepts USPS Money orders.

Respectfully
    RFA

Help Center > PayPal Basics / Security & Protections > What is PayPal’s policy on transactions that involve firearms?

What is PayPal’s policy on transactions that involve firearms?

We don’t allow PayPal members to buy or sell any kind of firearm, whether it’s in working order or not. The same goes for certain firearm parts and ammunition.

For example, using PayPal, you can’t buy or sell:

Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.
    Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.
    Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

Stun gun sales are allowed for U.S. residents, but only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer's and seller's jurisdictions. (PayPal account holders outside the U.S. can’t buy or sell stun guns.) Before they complete a sale, U.S. sellers must make sure that the transaction is legal in both locations.

Related items that you can buy and sell using PayPal include paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns, as long as such transactions are legal in the applicable jurisdiction. All of these items must display the markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and can’t include blank ammunition. *

Last edited:

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Just a headsup on this moron. Wanted to sell Knights SR-15 for $1500 and in all the email conversation he just wanted to know the receivers name and address and finnally the info I was looking for..
    And these are all over in texas postings like CL,backpage,armslist, and what not.
    1. wants to sell SR-15 at $1500 NIB (FAIL)
    2. Is travelling on duty and has left the firearm at a gun shop (RED FLAG)
    3. Email gunshop to get more info (RED FLAG)
    4. Gun shop does not provide any info or does not even ask for FFL details (MORON GOT CAUGHT HERE)
    5. Just wants my shipping address and will ship the rifle directly to me (LMAO)

you are to make your payment via western union

Name : Jenifer Kirkpatrick
    Address: 310 east 2nd ave
    City: Big Timber
    State: MT
    Zipcode:59011
    United State.

After you are trough with your payment,get back to us with your
    wiring details,such as

MTCN nmber

Scanned receipt of your payment.

After we confirm your payment,you are going get your tracking within 24 hours.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom