• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45er

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2021
    New Ulm, Texas
    Has anyone else experienced a rash of scammers on Texaasguntrader recently? I had four straight sellers turn out to be scammers. On top of that, the website isn’t as swearing emails or doing anything about the crooks. What’s up with them?
    ARJ Defense ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Has anyone else experienced a rash of scammers on Texaasguntrader recently? I had four straight sellers turn out to be scammers. On top of that, the website isn’t as swearing emails or doing anything about the crooks. What’s up with them?

Welcome to TGT.

Stop over in the Intro Section and say hello.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    There is a giant influx of scam posts up over there but I Just check the ip address of the poster before I respond.

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    You can also cut and paste parts of their description of the item that they are selling in a search engine to see if the item is off of GunBroker or here lately even Texas Gun Trader. You can also enter their screen names or phone numbers to see "where else they pop-up"!

Another way is search for similar photos.

Lildoodad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2021
    Spring Branch, TX
    Ya, there's tons of them daily. Easy to I.D. them. I have a twisted humor and like to F**K with them going back and forth, getting them all excited that they have hooked a buyer.....then I hit'em up. The one's that crack me up tell me how legit they are and offer a phone number of a some other dousche bag they recently sold to and he will vouge for their honesty. With some, you can almost hear their Nigerian accents in the spelling of their words.......LOL :machine:ass hats!

Last edited:

45er

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2021
    New Ulm, Texas
    LOL Ran into another one today. He said he was in Houston so I said I'd drive in and give him his asking price in cash. He responded that he was "leaving town tomorrow" but would send me his license (misspelled and didn't tell me what kind of license) as proof that he was legitimate "if I was scared". I got a laugh out of this one!

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    It is what it is and is one of the few places that allow guns to even be sold like that. If you can't handle that site you better get off the internet as it isn't safe for you. Sold an upper and an AR just a few days ago to two different people, with no issues, face to face, cash in hand only, no BOS. I like to do business with a LTC holder if possible but not required. Used with some thought and knowledge it works just fine. Without then you take your chances. Just like any other "tool" we own!

45er

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2021
    New Ulm, Texas
    Well halleluya, with the help of a friend in Fort Worth, I finally completed the successful purchase of a pistol on texasguntrader. Really ended up liking the young man that sold the pistol. After he marked to gun "sold" on the site, I went there to complete a positive feedback for him. The ad was gone - lock stock and barrel! He couldn't find anywhere to give me positive feedback either. They sure don't make it easy for buyers or sellers!

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Well halleluya, with the help of a friend in Fort Worth, I finally completed the successful purchase of a pistol on texasguntrader. Really ended up liking the young man that sold the pistol. After he marked to gun "sold" on the site, I went there to complete a positive feedback for him. The ad was gone - lock stock and barrel! He couldn't find anywhere to give me positive feedback either. They sure don't make it easy for buyers or sellers!
    Is there feedback on texasguntrader?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom