Texas Gun Trader

MTA89

308 SUPREMACIST
TGT Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Texoma
If I still lived in that metro you could have me in a second car. My buddy used to have me tag along on EVERY gun sale in a second car with my rifle in the seat about 25 yards away with line of sight on all vehicles. Just in case.
It never comes down to anything like that with preventative measures. Theres nothing I want to sell bad enough to take a risk on multiple people

99% of the people I end up dealing with are native Texans anyways so there are no surprises realy

AndrewBuda

May 5, 2021
Texas
I'm not worried about safety in face to face meetups - if only it got that far. Unfortunately well over half the TexasGunTrader posts anymore are fake listings using talktotext numbers and are glorified Nigerian price scams. Easy to avoid but damn are they annoying to sift through.

claymore504

Well-Known
Dec 2, 2008
Katy, TX
Yeah there are tons of scam ads these days. Pretty easy for us gun guys to spot. I report at least 10 ads a day as scams.

AndrewBuda

May 5, 2021
Texas
I wish I felt like reporting then did anything. They pop up faster than they get taken down, even when we report them. The same scams are becoming prevalent on GunBroker as well. Just as easy to sport, but annoying nonetheless.

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
Jan 26, 2021
Rockwall, Texas
Well it's not Ebay. There's no way to leave feedback. It is totally buyer beware. After awhile, you will get to meet and know some pretty nice folks to trade back and forth with. I have made quite a few friendships from that site. Just do your research re: pricing or trade value if you see something you want before reaching out. Use the "search" function to see what others are selling the same gun for, use the IP address locator to check if their location is local (that's the red circle with cross hairs) and only meet face to face to complete the transaction. Never, Never, Never send anyone $$. If you do, you can kiss it goodbye. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Go by your gut....if someone doesn't commit to meeting in a public place that's convenient for both and gives excuses....cancel the conversation. You gotta be smart about it.
I always ask the other party to meet me in the police center parking lot to do the transaction...

Coyote9

Jan 13, 2020
Granbury Texas
Has anyone else experienced a rash of scammers on Texaasguntrader recently? I had four straight sellers turn out to be scammers. On top of that, the website isn’t as swearing emails or doing anything about the crooks. What’s up with them?
The FBI has reported a surge in all forms of internet fraud during the Covid crisis. So buyer beware!

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics