• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    If I still lived in that metro you could have me in a second car. My buddy used to have me tag along on EVERY gun sale in a second car with my rifle in the seat about 25 yards away with line of sight on all vehicles. Just in case.
    It never comes down to anything like that with preventative measures. Theres nothing I want to sell bad enough to take a risk on multiple people

99% of the people I end up dealing with are native Texans anyways so there are no surprises realy
    Capitol Armory ad

AndrewBuda

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2021
    Texas
    I'm not worried about safety in face to face meetups - if only it got that far. Unfortunately well over half the TexasGunTrader posts anymore are fake listings using talktotext numbers and are glorified Nigerian price scams. Easy to avoid but damn are they annoying to sift through.

AndrewBuda

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 5, 2021
    Texas
    I wish I felt like reporting then did anything. They pop up faster than they get taken down, even when we report them. The same scams are becoming prevalent on GunBroker as well. Just as easy to sport, but annoying nonetheless.

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    Well it's not Ebay. There's no way to leave feedback. It is totally buyer beware. After awhile, you will get to meet and know some pretty nice folks to trade back and forth with. I have made quite a few friendships from that site. Just do your research re: pricing or trade value if you see something you want before reaching out. Use the "search" function to see what others are selling the same gun for, use the IP address locator to check if their location is local (that's the red circle with cross hairs) and only meet face to face to complete the transaction. Never, Never, Never send anyone $$. If you do, you can kiss it goodbye. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Go by your gut....if someone doesn't commit to meeting in a public place that's convenient for both and gives excuses....cancel the conversation. You gotta be smart about it.
    I always ask the other party to meet me in the police center parking lot to do the transaction...

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Has anyone else experienced a rash of scammers on Texaasguntrader recently? I had four straight sellers turn out to be scammers. On top of that, the website isn’t as swearing emails or doing anything about the crooks. What’s up with them?
    The FBI has reported a surge in all forms of internet fraud during the Covid crisis. So buyer beware!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I posted a pickup for sale. Within a week, I had at least 10 scammers - some overseas - hitting on it. Big one: "I'll pay what you're asking, but I'm going to have some guys come and pick it up for me and transport it to (wherever) but they want to be paid cash to cover their expenses. So I'll send you a check for the full amount plus $5000 (or whatever) and you can give them the cash and keep any extra for yourself." Of course, if anyone does show up, you lose the vehicle and the cash because the check will eventually bounce.

Greedy people are everywhere - they always have been, but the internet lets them work globally.

I had a scam call, I think it was the "you owe the IRS" thing, and I said, "Can I ask you a question?" Him:: "Sure." Me: " Does your mother know what you do for a living?" Him: "Yes, my mother knows what I do." Me: "So your mother knows you cheat people out of money? She knows you're a thief? What kind of low life scum is your mother that she would raise her children to be thieves?" At that point, he got extremely pissed and I hung up. One of the few times I really enjoyed such a call.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I dont ever deal with anyone with ethnic names, broken english

tenor.gif

Aww.....I have a ethnic name (a very Mexican name) and speak bad English (Texas hick). Lmfao

Last edited:
    Top Bottom