• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    Went there today. Prices were outrageous. 500 round brick of 22LR for $130! Seriously?

$229+tax for a Mosin! Wow. They never said a word to me though I was interested in seeing a pistol. Any better shops around the area?
    Military Camp

Watchdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio
    Yeah up the hill from Wal-mart a bit. I don't understand how they stay open though with craptastic prices and service.

Is there a better store nearby?

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I feel like in some of these bigger places they get a bit jaded. Sometimes I feel like they run the gambit from just plain rude to super helpful. At one place in Austin I won't name, I've been there and they've talked to me like I'm an idiot and they've also treated me like a person at other times. It just depends how busy they have been that day. I have a feeling that at certain times they get waves of idiots and so they kind of get used to approaching everyone that way.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    In Kerrville, there's Young's Guns on 16 North, Gibson's Discount Center (my favorite), and one down by Dairy Queen on Hwy 16 (can't thing of the name). And there may be others I'm not familiar with. No nothing about Leon Valley.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Ill never set foot in TX guns again. Guys out in helotes are good to go.

I go by there every once and a while to have a laugh at their prices, it usually involves my getting muzzle swept as I walk through the door as the people that work there don't seem to realize that the way they have their counters set up that most people have their guns pointed at the door to "great" customers as they come in.

But I will admit I had one positive experience there. A couple of years back I dressed up like Indiana Jones for Halloween and ordered a leather holster for my Webley Mk IV. Well, unfortunately the company that was making it didn't meet their deadline and I was in a scramble to find a suitable replacement. I stopped by there out of severe desperation and found one in their discount bin that would work, but there was no price on it. The guy let me have it for five bucks. It was the only time I walked out of there as a satisfied customer...

Cheers! M2

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I go by there every once and a while to have a laugh at their prices, it usually involves my getting muzzle swept as I walk through the door as the people that work there don't seem to realize that the way they have their counters set up that most people have their guns pointed at the door to "great" customers as they come in.

But I will admit I had one positive experience there. A couple of years back I dressed up like Indiana Jones for Halloween and ordered a leather holster for my Webley Mk IV. Well, unfortunately the company that was making it didn't meet their deadline and I was in a scramble to find a suitable replacement. I stopped by there out of severe desperation and found one in their discount bin that would work, but there was no price on it. The guy let me have it for five bucks. It was the only time I walked out of there as a satisfied customer...

Cheers! M2

Looks like you should have also bought a lottery ticket that night!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Looks like you should have also bought a lottery ticket that night!

Actually, I had bought a Mosin M44 from them previously; it wasn't a bad deal but it wasn't anything great either. They gave me a coupon to shoot at Texas Thunder, I am pretty sure I tossed it straight into the garbage...

00-Guy

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    San Antonio
    Been there twice. First time was right before we moved here and I was scoping out the local gun stores. I was underwhelmed with their customer service. Second time (I am a glutton for punishment.) was to really look at a 5.7 upper for my AR. Their price was 1.5X higher than other locations for the same upper. Haven't been back since.

Also +1 on the Gun Shack recommendation.

mak91

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    I was able to check out a Tavor in person. The cost of the rifle was $2800. I got the same model from Gun Broker for $1825.

Perhaps visiting there has some utility after all.

Top Bottom