• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Ed Vandenberg of Webster, Texas a member of the pistol smith's guild. Check out his website for examples of his work. I'm having him do some work on a Colt Combat Commander; can't wait!!

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Hank Fleming and Alan Tillman have teamed up here in Austin and have a shop. I haven't used them, but have heard great things about their work.

HANK FLEMING, Gunsmith
    4722 South Congress Ave.
    Austin, Texas 78745
    (512) 445-6339

Alan has done work for me in the past. He REALLY knows his way around a 1911.

BradSelph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Austin
    Selph Arms LLC
    img022..jpg

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    +1 for Brad Selph @ Selph Arms! I took him a .223 bull barrel to be threaded and he got it finished in 24 hours!(Not typical always im sure but he said he pulled a late shift) He also inspected the rifle for me and noticed a few issues with the gun, he fixed the problem free of charge and most likely saved me from having a catastrophic failure down the road.. His prices are very competitive and probably the best turn around time you are going to get anywhere in the Austin area thats for sure.

I am going to be taking a 2nd rifle to have work done very soon.

Jeremy

w8d4it

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    I acted on the recommendation and went to Pitchford Custom Gun. At first I was impressed because he talked good game. But I found his work to be only average. Worse he exceeded his quote by $250 dollars. When I protested he got very nasty and told me to just come and get my gun. And when I arrived...it wasn't finished> Said he couldn't find the sight hood for the gun. I'll never go back and I''l never miss an opportunity to tell others of my experience.

poke81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Granbury/ Kabul
    Didnt see em listed so I will offer up these 2

Triple G Gunsmithing
    Stephenville TX
    (254) 965-6464

Rifle work only, not a general smith.

Garland does a helluva job building great rifles. I have a few from him that shoot 1/2MOA or better.

Latest rifle he built for me
    IMG_53471.jpg

Shumaker Gunworks
    Stephenville TX
    Shumaker Gun Works -

Mike is a general gunsmith. I have a couple rifles he built for me that shoot great. I use him exclusively for my 1911 work though. He does a fantastic job.

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01701.jpg

15673DSC01258.jpg

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Hank Fleming and Alan Tillman do all my work (mainly 1911's) in Austin and they do good work, although sometimes a little slow. I think the "backlog" is just normal when dealing with a quality gunsmith, although I had many times when I get my work returned within a few days.

Lonestar Infidel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Temple
    Does anyone know of a reputable gunsmith in Killeen or Temple? Just bought AR and am looking to upgrade. Did some browsing but just did not find enough reviews to be satisfied.

Lil'Joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Houston
    I recommend you try Aaron over at Roberts Precision Rifles on the north side of Houston. Aaron has done some work for me and builds some very beautiful, very functional rifles. He tweeked my Remy 700P and tightened my groups up to below 1/2 moa. I would put his rifles against any of the big houses

Aaron Roberts
    Roberts Precision Rifles
    19515 Wied Rd. Suite D
    Spring, Texas 77388
    281-651-5593

crwfte

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Burleson
    Any suggestion in southwest DFW (Arlington, Mansfield, Burleson)? In particular AR-15 work. Have tried Winchester Gallery and not especially pleased.

Thanks

Top Bottom