• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The aforementioned constitutional right, by necessity, must allow for degrees of interpretation. Were it otherwise we could all order M67 fragmentation grenades on Amazon! I want a grenade but I'm being infringed, dammit.

I’m having a hard time understanding why it’s necessary to need interpretation of the phrase shall not be infringed.

A quick review of Federalist 46 and Federalist 29 supports that statement.
    Target Sports

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’m having a hard time understanding why it’s necessary to need interpretation of the phrase shall not be infringed.

I'm "just" being pragmatic.

You have an unregistered Korean-era carry-back M2 .30 carbine and it gets discovered by LE???
    You loose your life, liberty and happiness. You go to prison.
    By most anyone's definition an M2 carbine is an "arm" that has been interpreted as illegal.

We can all have a hard-time-understanding party if you like.
    I don't want to go to a penitentiary for my ill-conceived interpretation of the constitution.

Like it or not, understand it or not?
    The word "arms" will need ongoing interpretation even if we ignore discourse about fragmentation grenades and fissile isotopes.

The 2nd amendment will never, ever cease to be interpreted.

Pragmatic:
    "practical as opposed to idealistic".
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pragmatic

Last edited:

cporfe

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jun 20, 2018
    Elgin
    This bill, or should I say circumstance, is happening throughout our great land. This is what happens when too many people ignore established federal law and it's court interpreted meaning. For example, it is lawful to transfer (sell) handguns to residents of the same state without going through an FFL. But, the seller has the responsibility to "reasonably know" the person is not prohibited. Those folks who think a "simple" sale doesn't require them to reasonably ascertain the status of the buyer are morons. Asking for a second form of ID, something that would provide reasonableness, like a CHL or Government issued first responder ID or C&R FFL is just plain smart!

Mayor Bloomberg and his anti-gun cohorts have been sending agents to different gun shows up and down the East coast for years attempting, and succeeding in buying guns without showing same state DLs. When these agents are caught, they aren't prosecuted by local authorities who don't want the expense and bad press. Every time they succeed
    it gives the "Universal Background" check proponents more ammo and they are winning!

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    The aforementioned constitutional right, by necessity, must allow for degrees of interpretation. Were it otherwise we could all order M67 fragmentation grenades on Amazon! I want a grenade but I'm being infringed, dammit.

You are correct, this is an infringement. The Founders intent was that the people would have access to all military weapons in case they need to start another revolution.

Top Bottom