• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Can't a LEO go anywhere they want with a gun that is posted?

And for the funny guys, no, I'm not talking about a posted gun
    Texas SOT

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Didn't say I agreed with it. Quite the opposite, in fact - if someone goes nutso, I WANT to be able to defend myself - and without controlled access w/scanners there's nothing to stop someone from going in armed.
    Wasn't clear, my comment was not directed at you.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Looks like the Texas Senate is well on its way to passing HB 1927, Constitutional Carry.

However, the Senate has adopted a few amendments which will need to undergo the reconciliation process with the original House Bill. If the House accepts the amendments, the Bill will go to the governor for his signature. (Likely outcome).

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Looks like the Texas Senate is well on its way to passing HB 1927, Constitutional Carry.

However, the Senate has adopted a few amendments which will need to undergo the reconciliation process with the original House Bill. If the House accepts the amendments, the Bill will go to the governor for his signature. (Likely outcome).
    Do you know which amendments were added?

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Do you know which amendments were added?

I believe 27 total amendments were put forth, eight were adopted. Of the eight approved, at least half of them were administrative “clean ups” of the bill. Things like changing “and” to “or”, correcting paragraph re-numbering, changing “younger than 21 years old” to “21 years old or older”.

However three or four amendments which the senate adopted were a little more substantive. Generally, these included provisions which tended to strengthen law enforcement’s position/protection in dealings with the public. (The legal authority to temporarily disarm someone who is detained. And increasing legal ramifications in a few instances for certain activities, terrorism threats and the like). Requiring DPS to develop and make available on their website, a free handgun safety course.

I believe The House shouldn’t have issues with these items but they will need to review them to insure the fundamental intent of HB 1927 hasn’t been changed. Initial reaction from the House expressed concern not over what the Senate added, but what they struck out of the original House bill. There was a provision to expunge certain criminal weapons-related charges after five years and the Senate version, eliminates this provision.

Hopefully these amendments can be reconciled between the two chambers and the bill will make its way to Gov. Abbott’s desk.

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    After reading all this second amendment, "stuff", from here and other sources, I really don't know why we, as a people, have to keep dealing with the issue over and over, etc. It is already stated very clearly in the Constitution. No amount of verbiage (otherwise known as BS!) is necessary. I think some of my friends think I'm ill because a walk around shaking my head a great deal. :rolleyes:

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I’m right there with ya, Charlie! Unbelievable how much the world & society has changed in the last ten years or so... {and not necessarily for the better!}.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    without controlled access w/scanners there's nothing to stop someone from going in armed.
    Don't count on it-and I'm not talking 'plastic' guns. Public is scanned but not the workers. Most newer hosp. have isolated the 'critical' portions access, Doc offices are no longer 'in' there. When I was working the Dallas R convention, there were lock boxes where the LEO would leave guns before entering the 'floor'.
    Well, KS has C.C. and even over-ridden the Gov (D) veto on 3 good bills. Voter stuff, not following Fed gun restrictions, lowered age to 18 (special condition).

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Yeah! The world and society may have changed, but .... the Constitution has not!

Agreed. I don’t know if you watched the Texas Senate livestream yesterday but one thing became perfectly clear to me during their debate over the Constitutional Carry Bill. And this resulted in the straight Party line vote over the issue.

What became abundantly obvious to me is, while the Constitution hasn’t changed, the American society’s faith in, and reverence of the Constitution has changed. Half the population no longer hold it up, to be the supreme guidance and law of the land. It was evident the Rights delineated in the Constitution, especially the Bill Of Rights, can take a ‘backseat’ and in many cases should take a backseat to more perceived ‘real world’ problems like safety and security. My personal sentiments are more in line with Benjamin Franklin’s famous quote; “those who would trade liberty for safety or security, deserve neither”. Unfortunately, it seems to me nowadays, half the population appears to think you can legislate safety & security into existence. They certainly prioritize those efforts over defending the Constitution!

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom