• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    The senate doesn't want us emailing them.... they have GMAIL & Proton Mail blocked.... bastards say i need a valid email.

See Post #15 - Darkpriest provided.

Tap on your Senator's name and go through their website. Click their 'Contact' or ' Email Me' link.

Enter your data, write your message (or copy/paste one) and you're done.

--
    Now here's the deal from the politician's perspective. Many (not all... but probably most) of them don't want to hear from people who are not their constituents. IOW, they are only concerned about voters in their own districts. It's not so much a question of blocking outside email addresses but rather, them trying to ensure only people who actually elect them, get through. It's even worse (more sophisticated) at the federal level.
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    See Post #15 - Darkpriest provided.

Tap on your Senator's name and go through their website. Click their 'Contact' or ' Email Me' link.

Enter your data, write your message (or copy/paste one) and you're done.

--
    Now here's the deal from the politician's perspective. Many (not all... but probably most) of them don't want to hear from people who are not their constituents. IOW, they are only concerned about voters in their own districts. It's not so much a question of blocking outside email addresses but rather, them trying to ensure only people who actually elect them, get through. It's even worse (more sophisticated) at the federal level.

Thanks, but i know how to email.
    I put in my gmail & said needs valid email. Then tried my Proton mail, still said i need valid email. Hence my post they dont want to us to email them.

Anyone else have trouble with Gmail, Yahoo, etc?

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Thanks, but i know how to email.
    I put in my gmail & said needs valid email. Then tried my Proton mail, still said i need valid email. Hence my post they dont want to us to email them.

Anyone else have trouble with Gmail, Yahoo, etc?

Do you have a space at the end of your entry? I know sometimes copy/paste will do that and make it invalid.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Do you have a space at the end of your entry? I know sometimes copy/paste will do that and make it invalid.

Naw, i double checked & retyped it. It could be they way Echols site is. I have had issues in the past using gmail on stuff & it tell me my gmail is invalid.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Many (not all... but probably most) of them don't want to hear from people who are not their constituents. IOW, they are only concerned about voters in their own districts.
    True, except when you say "If you don't vote the way I want you to, I will definitely raise money for and actively support your opponent in the next primary."

That will have some impact even if you're not from the same state as the legislator you're communicating with.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I talked to a "pro gun" LTC instructor yesterday about this.. you could tell they were not too enthusiastic about it passing ... how can you call yourself pro gun and not want this to pass?
    I know they feel threatened about losing some business, but some people will want to keep their LTC so that they can drive state to state

Being an LTC instructor and getting upset about CC passing, is like being a block ice supplier and getting upset when people started buying refrigerators

They're going to lose their captive customer base, so they're either going to have to diversify or find a new job. There will still be a need for a LTC course, but they may want to look into doing other types of firearm training too.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    They're going to lose their captive customer base, so they're either going to have to diversify or find a new job. There will still be a need for a LTC course, but they may want to look into doing other types of firearm training too.

I have yet to talk with a single LTC holder that intends to allow their license to lapse - the NICS bypass and reciprocity are too danged handy.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    I hope LTC Instructors are eligible for unemployment.

I was debating becoming one. First I decided to get an RSO endorsement. Then when I was looking at the classes I thought, what the heck, let's become a Pistol Instructor too. I get requests frequently to teach people and I've never taken any kind of shooting class as an adult. I thought it might be a good idea since I don't really have a formal method.

The NRA Basic Pistol Instructor is a prerequisite for the LTC instructor certification. So hey, let's do that too! After taking the NRA Pistol Instructor course I think maybe it's not really for me though I'm sure I could do it. I'm retired and it all seems like a lot of work.

Now this. There will still be LTC instructors because some will want the LTC anyway for reciprocity purposes. But I bet demand gets cut 80%.
    OK, there will be some people that will not take the LTC class, however, the increased number of people interested in being armed are very likely to take other more advanced classes, making the need for firearm instructors to increase instead of decrease.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    OK, there will be some people that will not take the LTC class, however, the increased number of people interested in being armed are very likely to take other more advanced classes, making the need for firearm instructors to increase instead of decrease.

That is entirely possible. But honestly, I think if this bill passes, within a few weeks to months we should know how it really is affecting trainers and instructors.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah but you don't need an LTC teacher to renew.

MPA was supposed to "dry up" the new LTC applications, as well. Didn't happen. But even if it does....who cares? It's about time that the average Texan can carry the means to defend themselves without some piece of paper if they so wish. The criminals already do!!

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    MPA was supposed to "dry up" the new LTC applications, as well. Didn't happen. But even if it does....who cares? It's about time that the average Texan can carry the means to defend themselves without some piece of paper if they so wish. The criminals already do!!
    And you won't have to be worried about you LTC renewal getting to you after it has expired.

Top Bottom