• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I used the ToddnJoyce link too - but I changed the words to match the current status of the Bill.

It’s not in the hands of the Lt Gov. anymore - he did all he could do, in managing it’s progress through the Senate. I’ve actually sent him a note of ‘Thanks’ for all his effort in getting the Constitutional Carry Bill passed in the Senate. Shutting down Senator Eckhardt is no small chore. (I swear, that lady has mental issues).

And of course, Gov. Abbott as the state’s chief Executive, doesn’t play a role in the Legislative branch at all. (Perhaps, other than signaling that he’d sign the Bill if it makes it to his desk - thus, letting the Legislature know it wouldn’t run into any opposition from him).

Who’s hands is it in? Well...primarily the House. More specifically, the House & Senate reconciliation committee. It’s their job to come to an agreement in reconciling the two different versions of the Bill. And since the Senate has had the most recent say (it’s their “offer” that’s on the table), it falls primarily on the House committee to accept the Senate’s changes. So the ball is in their court.

Who’s on this committee? ...I have no idea.

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Man I wrote each one of these fuckers 7 or 8 times and this will be the last. Guess we get to see if these people are more loyal to police chiefs, or their constituents.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Keep the pressure on guys.
    Please let the committee know that we want this passed, this session.
    We can massage the kinks out in a couple of years.
    Especially let mailto:Matt.Schaefer@house.texas.gov
    know that we've fought too hard to walk away empty handed.

(Some rumblings that the author may kill it if it's not perfect)

And above all, don't get ugly, stupid or threatening.
    Remember where TOC got us last time?

Thanks!

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Keep the pressure on guys.
    Please let the committee know that we want this passed, this session.
    We can massage the kinks out in a couple of years.
    Especially let mailto:Matt.Schaefer@house.texas.gov
    know that we've fought too hard to walk away empty handed.

(Some rumblings that the author may kill it if it's not perfect)

And above all, don't get ugly, stupid or threatening.
    Remember where TOC got us last time?

Thanks!

Just sent my email out and included this phrase in an effort to drive the point home:

I can assure you that millions of Texas voters are watching you and your colleagues on this matter and the outcome will either solidify or erode the support that you will have in upcoming elections.

The erosion of individual rights being led by the Democrats in Washington must be countered at the State level and be aware that the eyes of Texas and the nation are upon you during this critical time.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    When are they going to put it through a full/last vote

The conference committee can let it die or issue a report after reconciling differences. Once that report is issued, then both chambers can take it back up for a vote. There are six working days left in the session for that to happen.

Jeep0516

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2020
    Texas
    Just sent my email out and included this phrase in an effort to drive the point home:

I can assure you that millions of Texas voters are watching you and your colleagues on this matter and the outcome will either solidify or erode the support that you will have in upcoming elections.

The erosion of individual rights being led by the Democrats in Washington must be countered at the State level and be aware that the eyes of Texas and the nation are upon you during this critical time.

Nicely stated!

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Likewise, just used Rachel Malone’s contact number list & sent a short text message to each committee member encouraging them to get the necessary adjustments made and get this bill to the governor for his signature.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Good job(!) to all those that took time to make a difference. Governor Abbott will sign it like he promised and come first of September 2021, Texans will regain a personal, individual Right they haven’t had since Reconstruction when sidearms were outlawed being carried in saddlebags.

Top Bottom